|Use time||11 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots fallen stars|
For finding ammunition, the player may regularly pick up Fallen Stars even after maxing their mana. A skybridge can be used to farm them efficiently.
The Star Cannon launches Fallen Stars at a speed of 52.5 blocks or 105 feet per second. A star survives exactly 1 minute after being launched, which means it can travel 3150 blocks or 6300 feet. After the star reaches this point or upon striking a solid block, it will explode with a firework animation, very similar to the Magic Missile.
Despite the additions of the Megashark and the Shotgun, even with the new ammo, the Star Cannon remains one of the most powerful Ranged Weapons for sheer Damage per Second, being beaten by the Candy Corn Rifle, the Megashark with Chlorophyte Bullets and Shroomite Armor, and the SDMG.
- The Star Cannon is a good weapon for boss fights and PvP since the increase of firing speed from very slow to very fast in the 1.1 Terraria Update. Some multiplayer servers ban this item for this reason.
- The Megashark can easily surpass the Star Cannon's DPS while using Chlorophyte Bullets and Shroomite Armor. However, the components listed above are not a straight upgrade to the Star Cannon, seeing as the Star Cannon can pierce through enemies, or segments of worm type enemies, causing the Star Cannon to be extremely useful.
- 1.1.1: Speed slightly decreased but still Very Fast, Damage reduced further from 60 to 55.
- 1.1: Speed increased to Very Fast.
- 1.0.5: Damage reduced from 75 to 60, rate of fire drastically reduced to Very Slow.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Ranged WeaponsMiscellaneous |
|Blowgun • Blowpipe • Coin Gun • Flamethrower • Flare Gun • Harpoon • Sandgun • Snowball Cannon • Star Cannon • Stynger • Piranha Gun|
|Meteorite • Meteorite Bar|
Meteor Shot • Meteor Hamaxe • Meteor armor
Phaseblade • Space Gun • Star Cannon