|Tooltip||Causes stars to fall when injured|
The Star Cloak is a Hardmode Accessory that causes three stars to fall around the player whenever the player takes damage. It consumes no Mana. The stars that fall cause 30 damage each, pierce through multiple enemies, and pass through blocks until reaching the player's altitude, at which point they continue falling until hitting blocks. The Star Cloak is dropped by Mimics.
The effect is triggered any time the player takes damage, no matter the source. This includes fall damage, drowning, Lava, and other sources.
The Star Cloak is effective even when deep underground, as the stars will pass through blocks until they near or pass the height of the point where the player took damage. After that point, any foreground item will stop them.
- The effect of the Star Cloak is similar to that of the Starfury, but the stars that fall are faster, cause double the damage, and the player is the focal point rather than a clicked point.
- The Cloak is of less use when dealing with a ranged attacker, as the stars will not impact any enemy that is not close to the player at the time.
- The Cloak's stars are considered to be magic damage, meaning that when combined with Spectre Armor, health is restored.
- On the console version the Star Cloak can appear in Floating Island chests.
- The Star Cloak's, Bee Cloak's and Star Veil's falling star effects don't stack. Only three stars will fall at a time no matter how many of these items you have equipped.
- The Cloak's, Bee Cloak's and Star Veil's falling star effect is called a Hallow Star.
- The Cloak's stars are more purple than those from the Starfury which are closer to pink.
- 1.1: Introduced.