|Tooltip||Causes stars to fall and increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
The Star Veil is an accessory that combines the functions of the Star Cloak and the Cross Necklace. It is recommended for Melee players, who are more likely to take damage than ranged or magic classes. The falling stars will pass through all foreground objects, just like the star cloak, and after then despawn at contact with a foreground object. And it doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from 2/3 of a second to 1 1/3 seconds.
- The Star Cloak's, Bee Cloak's and Star Veil's falling star effects do not stack with each other. The quantity and damage of falling stars from the effect will not be affected by having multiple equipped.
- The Star Veil provides the same benefit as Cross Necklace and the benefit does not stack.
- Player Invincibility period is cut in half when taking 1 damage (1/3 second with nothing and 2/3 second with Cross or Veil item).
- If one is farming Mimics, it is suggested to keep any Star Cloaks and Cross Necklaces found, instead of selling them as is. Star Veils are worth more than the sum of their parts, netting a profit of 8 per crafted Star Veil.
- The Star Cloak's, the Bee Cloak's, and the Star Veil's projectile is called a Hallow Star.
- 1.2: Introduced.