|Damage||22 (sword) 31 (star) (Melee)|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip|| Causes stars to rain from the sky
'Forged with the fury of heaven'
|Internal Item ID: 65|
- Not to be confused with the Sunfury.
The Starfury is a Sword that summons a star projectile from the sky when swung. The star falls in the direction of the mouse cursor, dealing 31 damage each, can pierce up to 2 enemies and also emits light particles. The Starfury can only be obtained from Skyware Chests or Sky Crates on Floating Islands.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Stars that spawn within solid ground will fly through blocks until reaching open space and only then become solid, affording the weapon continued usefulness while underground.
- You cannot switch items while the Starfury's projectile ability is recharging.
- The falling star will sometimes glitch through 1 block-thick floors. This seems to happen more often as the player changes direction or jumps.
- Equipment that increases melee speed, such as Shadow armor, will increase the speed of the falling stars.
- Beware when using the Starfury in the Underground Jungle as it can easily break the Larva in an undiscovered Bee Hive, summoning the Queen Bee, a boss that can easily kill players who aren't ready.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Starfury can be used to reveal caves, as its light particles continue traveling after colliding with blocks. The light particles can travel from 10 to 35 tiles downward through solid blocks.
- The Frost armor's set bonus affects the falling stars even while they are passing through blocks, which will help map the solid areas.
- The Starfury can be found in early-game, making it a good beginning weapon.
- Since the stars fall where the cursor is clicked, they can be used to attack through walls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Star Wrath can be considered an upgrade to this weapon.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 18.104.22.168: Star damage increased from 22 to 31.
- Damage increased for both the falling stars (from 15 to 22) and the sword (from 16 to 22) itself.
- Now has a recharge time.
- Now classed as melee damage instead of magic damage.
- No longer requires mana to use.
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 15 to 16.
- Mana usage increased from 11 to 16.
- Stars produced by the Starfury that materialize inside of blocks will now continue to fly until they reach open space, at which point they will become solid.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|