|Use time||19 (Very Fast) (59 for stars)|
|Tooltip|| Causes stars to rain from the sky
'Forged with the fury of heaven'
- Not to be confused with the Sunfury.
The Starfury is a Broadsword that summons a star from the sky when swung, which falls in the direction of the mouse cursor and causes damage to any enemies hit. It is one of the three rare items that can only be obtained from Skyware Chests on Floating Islands.
The sword itself deals a base damage of 22 as a melee weapon, while the stars deal an additional 22 damage and can pierce up to 2 times, which makes it quite a reliable early game weapon until you get better swords.
- Stars that spawn within solid ground will fly through blocks until reaching open space, and only then become solid, affording the weapon continued usefulness while underground.
- You cannot switch items while Starfury is recharging.
- Sometimes, the falling star created by Starfury will pass through 1 tile thick floors.
- Pygmies will run away from the Stars made by it.
- Stars summoned by Starfury do roughly double the damage of the sword itself, but are difficult to actually hit enemies with.
- When exploring, the Starfury can be used to reveal the locations of adjoining caves because of the light it provides when colliding with blocks.
- It is possible to use Starfury to shoot through walls by standing next to the wall and aiming towards the bottom of the screen in the direction opposite the target. Note that this is somewhat inaccurate and may not work if there are obstructions between the edge of the screen and the target.
- In a pinch, you can also use this sword as a makeshift torch by swinging it repeatedly while underground. Useful if you're out of light sources.
- Originally, the starfury cost mana with each swing, and created multiple stars.
- Fionna's Crystal Sword from Adventure Time is similar in appearance to The Starfury.
- Fixed starfury getting magic prefixes despite being a melee weapon.
- Fixed starfury projectiles being magic instead of melee (no longer triggers the spectre armour's effects with magic crits).
- Damage increased for both the falling stars and the sword itself.
- Now has a recharge time.
- Now classed as melee damage instead of magic damage.
- No longer requires mana to use.
- Sprite updated.
- Damage slightly increased.
- Mana usage increased from 11 to 16.
- Stars produced by the Starfury that materialize inside of blocks will now continue to fly until they reach open space, at which point they will become solid.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles||Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Scourge of the Corruptor • Frostbrand • Christmas Tree Sword • Vampire Knives|