Statues are furniture items. There are a total of 83 different statues, most serving only as decoration, while some are also functional mechanisms that have an effect when connected to wires and activated. Depending on the statue, upon activation it may spawn enemies, drop items, or teleport an NPC to the statue's location. Most statues can be found already placed in any area underground (most frequently in the Dungeon and Underground Cabins), though Angel Statues appear in Chests. Like all furniture, a pickaxe must be used to free and collect them.
 Spawn limits
All item- and enemy-spawning statues have the following spawn limits applied:
- A spawn will not occur if three of the same entity already exist within 300 pixels (37.5 blocks).
- A spawn will not occur if six of the same entity already exist within 800 pixels (100 blocks).
- A spawn will not occur if ten of the same entity already exist anywhere in the World.
If a spawn limit is reached, an item can be picked up or an enemy killed, in order to allow spawning again at the next activation.
Item-dropping statues have a unique cooldown period of 10 seconds per statue tile (except goldfish statue). A 1 Second Timer, for example, will only successfully cause a drop once every 10 seconds. The cooldown only applies to one tile of the statue, so multiple wires connected to separate tiles can theoretically trigger up to 6 drops every 10 seconds. The three-drop spawn limit per 300-tile range brings the actual spawn rate back down to 3 per activation. However, with the 10 second cooldown, it is advantageous to activate all 6 tiles, as once the first 3 items are picked up the other 3 can drop before the first 3 are able to drop again.
- With a single wire color, up to three independent 1-second timers can be wired per statue, for three spawns per second each. With all three wire colors, all six tiles of a statue can be connected to separate timers, for a possible six spawns per second. Enemy spawn limits apply, though if the enemies are instantly killed upon spawning (eg. if lava or a continually activated trap is used, as in the image to the right), each activation will successfully spawn an enemy.
- Connecting two or three 1-second timers to the same tile using multiple wire colors does NOT result in more spawns, as one timer seems to override the others. However, it is possible to activate all six blocks of a statue for six spawns per second with only two one-second timers if you use all three colors of wire.
- Functional statues have a 2-tile width x 3-tile height in which wires will be considered connected, even for shorter statues whose graphics don't appear to reach three tiles of height.
- Spawned enemies will drop items according to their specific drop rates (see below), but they will not drop items that depend on circumstance rather than enemy type, such as Souls, Presents, and Biome Key Molds. The one exception is the KO Cannon, which can drop during a Blood Moon.
- Bunnies and Goldfish spawned during a Blood Moon, or hit with Vile Powder, will become Corrupt Bunnies and Corrupt Goldfish and no longer count against the statues' normal spawn limits.
- Bunnies spawned during a Blood Moon will drop the Bunny Hood.
- The most valuable statue for money is the Jellyfish Statue (one Gold Coin or more per Jellyfish Necklace).
- Another way to make money is to put a Chest Statue or Shark Statue in the dungeon after Plantera has been defeated since after they die they have a 6.67% chance of spawning a Dungeon Spirit. Dungeon Spirits drop 1-2 Ectoplasm (50 Silver Coins each).
- If you break the block that a statue was placed on, the statue will disappear and you cannot get it back.
 Functional statues
 Create items
 Create enemies
1: The creatures spawned by fish and bunny statues will immediately be corrupted during the Blood Moon. Corrupt Goldfish and Corrupt Bunny enemies do not count against the spawn limits, allowing quicker farming. Pre-V1.2 PC and Console Terraria games also did not count these as statue-spawned creatures at all, and allowed money to drop from these creatures, making it a very profitable way to farm statues during Blood Moon events.
 NPC teleport
|King Statue||Teleports a random male NPC to the statue's place|
|Queen Statue||Teleports a random female NPC to the statue's place|
 Decorative statues
- 1.2.4: Added Shark Statue and letter and number statues.
- 184.108.40.206: Lucky Coin no longer drops coins from statue spawned monsters.
- Hardmode summon items will no longer drop from monsters that have been spawned from statues.
- Chests, crystal hearts, and statues should no longer spawn on Thin Ice.
- 1.2: Added three new Statues, found in the Lihzahrd Temple. Now require a Pickaxe to be harvested. Corrupt Goldfish and Bunnies spawned from Statues no longer drop money.
- 1.1.1: Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
- 1.1: All other statues introduced.
- Pre-Release: Angel Statue introduced. Could not be placed or sold for any money.