This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Steampunker is a Hardmode NPC. She will appear once the player has defeated at least one Mechanical Boss and has a vacant house for her.
If threatened by enemies, the Steampunker will defend herself using a Clockwork Assault Rifle.
The Steampunker may have any of the following names:
- The Steampunker's move-in requirements do not expressly require a world to be in Hardmode. Summoning and defeating a Mechanical Boss in a pre-Hardmode world will allow the Steampunker to move in, though this can only be legitimately achieved by carrying over resources from an existing Hardmode world.
- When fighting against hostile mobs, the Steampunker will shoot a Clockwork Assault Rifle at said enemies.
- You may have to re-defeat Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu, and/or Skeletron after the Steampunker arrives in order to buy the Steampunk Boiler.
- The Steampunker does not sell Dark Blue Solution if you move her to the Mushroom Biome, but it is sold by the Truffle instead
- Steampunk is a sci-fi/fantasy term used to describe a subculture that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- The Steampunker was sprited by former artist William Data AKA Waffles.
- One of the Steampunker's possible names, Whitney, is also the name of Cenx, a Terraria developer and Redigit's wife.
- The name Minerva may be a reference to the Roman goddess of handicrafts and wisdom.
- The name Zelda could be a reference to the Nintendo game series: The Legend of Zelda.
- The Steampunker occasionally talks about becoming an air pirate. Air pirates are a staple of the steampunk genre.
- The name 'Ada' is a reference to the 19th century English mathematician and writer Ada Lovelace.
- "I like your... gear. Does it come in brass?"
- "Be it what it would, a jetpack would suit you nicely!"
- "Oy, whatchu got in you jiminy fluffer?"
- "Show me some gears!"
- "Should I become an air pirate? I've considered becoming an air pirate."
When Cyborg is present:
- "I'm mighty curious about that <cyborg name> fellow. By what manner of consumption does he maintain such locomotion?"
When Pirate is present:
- "That captain fellow seems to me to be 'pretty well over the bay' if you know what I mean!"
During a Blood Moon:
- "I'm feeling a bit peevish as of late, so enough with your palaver you ragamuffin!"
During a party:
- "Everyone said they like stacked cakes, so I installed smokestacks in mine."
- 1.3.1: Now sells Static Hook, Conveyor Belt, Logic Gates and Logic Gate Lamps.
- 184.108.40.206: Now sells Steampunk Wings.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed bug where Cogs could be overwritten by another item in the Steampunker's shop
- Now sells Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Fixed a typo in the Steampunker dialog about the Pirate (it used to read "if you know what mean" without the "I").
- 1.2.1: Now sells Steampunk Goggles during Halloween season.
- 1.2: Introduced.