|Internal NPC ID: 178|
The Steampunker is a Hardmode NPC. She will appear once you've defeated at least one Mechanical Boss and you have a vacant house for her. If threatened by enemies, she will defend herself using the Clockwork Assault Rifle.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Teleporter||2 50||Always available.|
|Steampunk Hat||1 50||During the following moon phases -|
|Steampunk Shirt||1 50||During the following moon phases -|
|Steampunk Pants||1 50||During the following moon phases -|
|Jetpack||40||During the following moon phases -|
|Solidifier||10||Only during Daytime.|
|Blend-O-Matic||10||Only at night. Any Time.|
|Flesh Cloning Vat||10||Only in Crimson worlds.|
|Steampunk Boiler||10||If Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu and Skeletron have been defeated.|
|Purple Solution||25||Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse when the world has Corruption.|
|Red Solution||25||Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse when the world has Crimson.|
|Blue Solution||25||In the Hallow Biome. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse. )|
|Green Solution||25||When no other solution is on sale.|
|Steampunk Goggles||3||During Halloween.|
|Steampunk Wings||1||After defeating Golem.|
|Logic Gate (OR)||2||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (On)||10||Always available.|
|Static Hook||50||Always available.|
|Conveyor Belt||5||Always available.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The Steampunker may have any of the following names:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Steampunker's move-in requirements do not expressly require a world to be in Hardmode. Summoning and defeating a Mechanical Boss in a pre-Hardmode world will allow the Steampunker to move in, though this can only be legitimately achieved by carrying over resources from an existing Hardmode world.
- When fighting against hostile mobs, the Steampunker will shoot a Clockwork Assault Rifle at said enemies.
- You may have to re-defeat Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu, and/or Skeletron after the Steampunker arrives in order to buy the Steampunk Boiler.
- The Steampunker does not sell dark blue solution if you move her to the mushroom biome, but it is sold by the Truffle instead
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Steampunk is a sci-fi/fantasy term used to describe a subculture that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- The Steampunker was sprited by former artist William Data AKA Waffles.
- One of the Steampunker's possible names, Whitney, is also the name of Cenx, a Terraria developer and Redigit's wife.
- The name Minerva may be a reference to the Roman goddess of handicrafts and wisdom.
- The name Zelda could be a Nintendo reference.
- The Steampunker occasionally talks about becoming an air pirate. Air pirates are a staple of the steampunk genre.
- The name 'Ada' is a reference to the 19th century English mathematician and writer Ada Lovelace.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I like your... gear. Does it come in brass?"
- "Be it what it would, a jetpack would suit you nicely!"
- "Oy, whatchu got in you jiminy fluffer?"
- "Show me some gears!"
- "Should I become an air pirate? I've considered becoming an air pirate."
When Cyborg is present:
- "I'm mighty curious about that <cyborg name> fellow. By what manner of consumption does he maintain such locomotion?"
When Pirate is present:
- "That captain fellow seems to me to be 'pretty well over the bay' if you know what I mean!" [sic]
During a Blood Moon:
- "I'm feeling a bit peevish as of late, so enough with your palaver you ragamuffin!"
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Now sells Static Hook, Conveyor Belt, Logic Gates and Logic Gate Lamps.
- 126.96.36.199: Now sells Steampunk Wings.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed bug where Cogs could be overwritten by another item in the Steampunker's shop
- 1.2.3: Now sells Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat. Fixed a typo in the Steampunker dialog about the Pirate.
- 1.2.1: Now sells Steampunk Goggles during Halloween season.
- 1.2: Introduced.