|Damage||45 / 43 (Ranged)|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an explosive bolt|
|Internal Item ID: 1258|
- Not to be confused with Stingers, a crafting material.
The Stynger is a Hardmode ranged weapon which has a 12.5% chance to be dropped by Golem. It auto-fires Stynger Bolts, which are initially dropped by Golem along with the weapon, and can also later be purchased from the Witch Doctor or Arms Dealer when the Stynger is in the player's inventory.
The Stynger Bolts explode on impact, dealing damage to anything in the explosion radius. Arching shrapnel is thrown from the explosion, each causing additional smaller explosions that inflict the same base damage.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Stynger counts as a rocket weapon for the purposes of Shroomite armor.
- The shrapnel explosion doesn't damage the shooter, allowing it to be used even at point-blank range.
- Due to the high velocity, some players may think the bolts are unaffected by gravity. They actually are affected, as they fly like arrows.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its explosive attacks, the Stynger can often finish enemies without the need for precision aiming. This is very convenient in stressful situations, such as when a target's location is unknown (i.e. dark areas).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stynger might be a reference to the RYNO V from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, as it looks quite similar.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 43 to 45.
- 1.2.4: Fixed shrapnel now only does direct explosion damage.
- 1.2: Introduced.