|Buy / Sell||2 / 40|
|Internal Item ID: 27|
- This article is about the item that can be placed. For the plant that spawns on grass, see Plants#Sunflowers.
Sunflowers are large plants able to stop the Corruption from spreading. They act as background objects like furniture and are obtained by breaking them with a pickaxe. They are also sold by the Dryad. Sunflowers are not able to stop the Hallow.
Sunflowers can only be placed on grass and hallowed grass above ground. Placing them on corrupt grass or dirt will not work. Sunflowers are 2 blocks wide and 4 blocks tall. They cannot be planted in a plant pot. They also have the ability to spawn more sunflowers in a small area, but the chance is very low. No background walls may be present where the sunflower is placed.
They are extremely useful for changing a corruption biome to a regular one. Use these if you want your world to be corrupt and still have NPCs without setting up a space station for them to live in.
- Sunflowers being placed seem to make the screen a tiny bit lighter.
- Sunflowers do not stop Crimson from spreading.
- 1.2.1: Sunflowers now reduce Crimson’s effects.
- 1.2: Now stops the corruption from spreading even in Hardmode.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.