From Terraria Wiki
|Use time||33 (Slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
- The Tactical Shotgun is, unlike the original Shotgun, fully automatic. This makes it significantly more effective against quickly moving or flying enemies, which are very common in Hardmode.
- When using Explosive Bullets, only one of the 6 pellets will damage enemies, whereas other ammo types will deal damage for every pellet that strikes.
- Unlike the original Shotgun, the Tactical Shotgun fires 6 pellets instead of 4.
- The best possible Modifier for the Tactical Shotgun is Unreal.
- As with other shotguns, the Tactical Shotgun deals its listed damage per pellet, not per shot. Hitting an unarmored enemy with all 6 pellets can result in over 200 points of damage with nothing but Musket Balls.
- Several visual modifications have been done to the Tactical Shotgun compared to the Shotgun. It is equipped with a scope, barrel extension, accented foregrip and a large drum magazine - However, only some of these visual changes affect the weapon's behavior - While the Tactical Shotgun has a usage delay of 33, the Shotgun has a longer delay of 44, possibly due to the Tactical Shotgun's automatic cycling. The Rifle Scope accessory, however, is still required to use the scope, and the width of the spread cone is identical to what is seen on the Shotgun.
- While the Tactical Shotgun is fully automatic, the Tactical Skeleton appears to wield a significantly slower, semi-automatic version.
- High Velocity Bullets can greatly increase the effectivity of the weapon, as they will hit their target almost instantly, making it nearly impossible for flying enemies to dodge the player's attacks.
- Get as close to ground enemies as possible before shooting - This will result in all pellets connecting, dealing the maximum possible damage to the target, therefore saving you more ammunition.
- With the use of Chlorophyte Bullets or Ichor Bullets, this can be ignored entirely due to all pellets chasing the same enemy. However, they may not always target the exact enemy that the player intended to hit, making them less useful for tactical purposes.
- This weapon is incredibly effective against Bosses with the use of Chlorophyte Bullets or Ichor Bullets, as the majority of the pellets will reliably hit the boss, dealing insane damage, with Ichor Bullets also reducing defense for further damage. Using this method the Golem can be killed in under 30 seconds.
- Due to its high pellet count, the Tactical Shotgun is very effective for crowd control.
- The Tactical Shotgun is very ammo efficient; as it fires 6 pellets at the cost of only one bullet.
- Compared to the Sniper Rifle, the Tactical Shotgun deals more damage per shot in ideal circumstances, with a higher rate of fire. However, the Sniper Rifle has greater accuracy, and is more effective against enemies with high defense, though this result may differ when using Ichor Bullets.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Other Weapons|
|Arrow consuming||Bows||Wooden (Rich Mahogany • Ebonwood • Shadewood • Pearlwood) • Copper • Tin • Iron • Lead • Silver • Tungsten • Gold • Platinum • Demon • Tendon • Molten Fury • Marrow • Ice • Pulse • Sharanga|
|Repeaters||Cobalt • Palladium • Mythril • Orichalcum • Adamantite • Titanium • Hallowed • Chlorophyte Shotbow • Vulcan|
|Bullet consuming||Manual Guns||Flintlock Pistol • Boomstick • The Undertaker • Handgun • Shotgun • Red Ryder • Revolver • Phoenix Blaster • Sniper Rifle|
|Automatic Guns||Minishark • Clockwork Assault Rifle • Gatligator • Megashark • Musket • Tactical Shotgun • Uzi • Chain Gun • S.D.M.G. • Venus Magnum|
|Rocket consuming||Explosive Weapons||Proximity Mine Launcher • Rocket Launcher • Grenade Launcher • Snowman Cannon|