|Use time||33 (Slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
|Internal Item ID: 679|
The Tactical Shotgun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon. It is an upgraded version of the Shotgun, auto-firing six spread shots per bullet consumed (against the Shotgun's four), for a possible combined base damage of 174 per bullet spent (not including bullet damage stats which are then added). It has a 7.64% / 11.46% (1/13 / 1/9) chance to drop from Tactical Skeletons in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Tactical Shotgun's wide spread, high knockback, and numerous projectiles make it effective at crowd control.
- Against single targets such as bosses, Chlorophyte Bullets negate the Tactical Shotgun's inaccuracy at long range.
- When using Chlorophyte Bullets, most or all of the shots will hit causing a lot more damage but with only using one bullet . This method is more effective than the Megashark or Clockwork Assault Rifle as the Megashark shoots about 2 bullets per bullet vs 6 shots for 1 bullet with the added bonus of having more damage per shot. The Clockwork Assult Rifle shoots 3 bullets vs 6 bullets (They also do more damage per shot). Paired they can destroy most hardmode enemies and quickly farm bosses with ease.
- It is unadvisable to use this weapon with Meteor Shots or any kind of piercing ammo against single targets. The bullets' piercing damage will cause the target to become invulnerable for a few frames, which means only one bullet will hit.
- Crystal bullet is highly recommended for crowd control since it creates 3 shards with each 60% damage of it's origin, creating 18 shards per shot.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite appearing to have a scope, the Tactical Shotgun has no inherent Scope-like zoom capability without the use of an added Scope accessory.
- While the Tactical Shotgun is fully automatic, the Tactical Skeleton enemy that drops it seems to wield a significantly slower, semi-automatic version.
- Despite being fully automatic, it still fires rather slowly.
- The Tactical Shotgun appears to be a different gun than what the Tactical Skeleton uses.