From Terraria Wiki
|Use time||33 (Slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
- The Tactical Shotgun is, unlike the original Shotgun, fully automatic. This makes it significantly more effective against quickly moving or flying enemies, which are very common in Hardmode.
- Explosive ammo will only deal damage on a single bullet on targets, where other ammo types will deal damage for each bullet that strikes.
- Unlike the original Shotgun, the Tactical Shotgun fires 6 pellets, rather than 4.
- The best possible Modifier for the Tactical Shotgun is Unreal.
- As with other shotguns, the Tactical Shotgun deals its listed damage per pellet, not per shot. This means hitting an (unarmored) enemy with all 6 pellets can deal over 200 damage with just musket balls.
- Several visual modifications have been done to the Tactical Shotgun compared to the Shotgun. It is equipped with a scope, barrel extension, accented foregrip and a large drum magazine - However, only some of these visual changes affect the weapon's behavior - For example. the Tactical Shotgun has a usage delay of 33, whereas the Shotgun has a longer delay of 44, arguably due to the Tactical Shotgun's automatic cycling. The Rifle Scope accessory, however, is still required to use the scope, and the width of the spread cone is identical to what is seen on the Shotgun.
- While the Tactical Shotgun is fully automatic, the Tactical Skeleton seems to hold a semi-automatic shotgun.
- High Velocity Bullets can greatly increase the effectiveness of the weapon, as they will hit their target almost instantly, making it nearly impossible for flying enemies to dodge the player's attacks.
- Get as close to ground enemies as possible before shooting - This will result in all pellets connecting, dealing the maximum possible damage to the target, therefore saving you more ammunition.
- With the use of Chlorophyte Bullets or Ichor Bullets, this can be ignored entirely due to all pellets chasing the same enemy. However, they may not always target the exact enemy that the player intended to hit, making them less useful for tactical purposes.
- This weapon is incredibly effective against Bosses with the use of Chlorophyte Bullets or Ichor Bullets, as the majority of the pellets will reliably hit the boss, dealing insane damage, with Ichor Bullets also reducing defense for further damage. Using this method the Golem can be killed in under 30 seconds.
- Due to its high pellet count, the Tactical Shotgun is very effective for crowd control.
- The Tactical Shotgun is very Ammo efficient; as it only consumes one bullet, while firing 6 pellets.
- Compared to the Sniper Rifle, the Tactical Shotgun deals more damage per shot in ideal circumstances, with a higher rate of fire. However, the Sniper Rifle has greater accuracy, and is more effective against enemies with high defense, however this can be modified slightly with Ichor Bullets.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Water Gun • Red Ryder • Tactical Shotgun • Flintlock Pistol • Revolver|
Handgun • Phoenix Blaster • The Undertaker • Venus Magnum • Musket • Sniper Rifle
Minishark • Clockwork Assault Rifle • Boomstick • Shotgun • Uzi • Gatligator • Megashark • S.D.M.G. • Candy Corn Rifle • Rocket Launcher
Grenade Launcher • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Proximity Mine Launcher
Chain Gun • Snowman Cannon