|Use time||33 (Slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
|Internal Item ID: 679|
The Tactical Shotgun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged auto-fire weapon. It is an upgraded version of the Shotgun, auto-firing six spread shots per bullet consumed (Against the Shotgun's four, manually-fired), for a possible combined base damage of 174 per bullet spent (not including bullet damage stats which are then added). After Plantera is defeated it can be dropped by Tactical Skeletons in the Dungeon.
Its best possible Modifier is Unreal.
- The Tactical Shotgun's wide spread, high knockback and numerous projectiles make it effective at crowd control.
- Against single targets such as bosses, Chlorophyte Bullets negate the Tactical Shotgun's inaccuracy at long range.
- The Tactical Shotgun looks pretty similar to a real-life shotgun, the Ithaca 37 'Stakeout,' with modifications such as an underbarrel grip, a scope, an extended barrel, and a drum magazine. This is a somewhat modified version of that used by real life SWAT forces.
- Despite appearing to have a scope, the Tactical Shotgun has no inherent Scope-like zoom capability without the use of an added Scope accessory.
- While the Tactical Shotgun is fully automatic, the Tactical Skeleton enemy that drops it seems to wield a significantly slower, semi-automatic version.
- Despite being fully automatic, it still fires rather slowly and makes the full sound effect of a pump-action shotgun.