Talk:Eye of Cthulhu
- 1 "You feel an evil presence watching you"
- 2 Kill in one night
- 3 Defense
- 4 The Reason of "Cthulhu"
- 5 Random Eye
- 6 Reccomended Gear?
- 7 Farming
- 8 Weakened in 1.0.6
- 9 Creates Blood Moon?
- 10 got smashed...
- 11 New acccount from Terraria freakpiper
- 12 Avoiding the Eye
- 13 Damage Reduction
- 14 Mobile Bug?
- 15 Can't be summoned in the rain?
- 16 Crimson drops in a Corruption world
- 17 Possible Bug
- 18 Spawned with three npc's
- 19 Quickest kill possible
"You feel an evil presence watching you"[edit | edit source]
Does anyone know the exact reason for this message to appear? It appeared for me right after I equipped a Depth Meter for the first time, so I'm not sure if that's related or if I experienced a bug. Niskd1 21:03, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- I believe this event occurs randomly until the Eye of Cthulhu is defeated. -- Michael 23:55, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
- The requirements are on the actual page |: --The dnmr 00:22, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
The NPC requirement in the code says you need 3 or more town NPCs.... but I believe that the 'old man' counts as one as well. --GauHelldragon 09:10, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
You do need 3 NPCS, and the Old Man IS counted! Also, you must need 200+ max hp, and not killed it for it 2 have a 1 in 3 chance
ive seen a bug where this has happend on the eater of worlds after i summond it.you feel an evil presence watching youplayed after i used rotted meat.
Kill in one night[edit | edit source]
Do you have to finish it off in one night in order to not have to use another Suspicious Looking Eye? I seem to have read somewhere that it should come back every night until it is dead, but in game I have yet to confirm this. MarekkPie 05:02, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
- I have read testimonies about how the Eye continuously respawns every night until it is killed, but most label it as a bug. I have not seen official sources confirming if it's intended or not. --Cloakedboltz 03:35, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
its defiantly not true i have tried to defeat the eye cathulu and lost about 3 times
it's all about shurikens man.--Matchbox184 15:31, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
Defense[edit | edit source]
Some monsters listed damage reduction instead of defense. I double checked all of their stats based on the decompiled source code and fixed them. Eye of Cthulhu is listed in the code as 12 defense, but I can't find where he transforms. I'm assuming First Form should have 12 defense and Second Form should have 6 defense, but I don't want to make a change if I'm not 100% certain. --KoreRekon 17:44, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
- I still can't find the transformation in the code, but based on damage reduction the second form has either 5 or 6 defense. --KoreRekon 02:19, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
The Reason of "Cthulhu"[edit | edit source]
Somebody know a translation or the reason of that name?
Im translating the wiki to spanish and i dont undertand that name maybe the name will be "Ojo del Cthulhu", or maybe "Ojo del Demonio", im thinking too in "Ojo del Maldito" Klys 05:11, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Cthulhu is the name of a creature from a set of books. As a name, I'd expect it to not change in a translation. I don't know much of Spanish, but I'd assume that your first choice, Ojo del Cthulhu, would probably be the best translation, because the other proposed translations change the name Cthulhu. 18.104.22.168 23:33, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Random Eye[edit | edit source]
I was randomly digging around ner a shadow altar and a shadow orb and the Eye of Cthulu appeared. i did nothing to cause, and had never crafted a suspicious lloking eye. is there a reason?
- Do you have 200 HP or more, 10 defense or more, and 3 or more NPC's living with you? TheOnlyMechaDog 20:51, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
Reccomended Gear?[edit | edit source]
What's the reccomended amount o HP and gear/weapons. I've built a long paltform and I have plenty of mushrooms and HP potions, but I don't know whether to summon the Eye. Also, is it summoned as soon as you craft it or when you use it? --Hotanddangerous 15:18, 3 July 2011 (UTC)
- It doesn't summon until you actually use the item, and then only at night. It doesn't matter when you craft the suspicious eye. As for HP, more is always better. I personally had 11 hearts and a full set of silver armor when I fought him the first time, but that might be overkill. If your weapons are good, then the fight will be shorter and you won't need to survive for as long. MasterShizzle 17:34, 3 July 2011 (UTC)
read the main boss page for the eye.it asys that exact thing.--Matchbox184 15:33, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
Farming[edit | edit source]
Is it possible to farm this boss by crafting and using more Suspicious Looking Eyes on subsequent nights after killing it once? - Spinfx 04:43, 16 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yup. You can even fight more than once per night if you have enough eyes and you kill him fast enough. Selling the demonite ore he drops can be very profitable. --GauHelldragon 09:13, 16 July 2011 (UTC)
yeah but a blood moon can come and ruin it that increases mobs spawning so dont summon it at that time unless you a quipped with like gold sword and gold bow
Weakened in 1.0.6[edit | edit source]
When I fought it, it had only 2800 HP and transformed at 1400 HP. I also think his attack was lowered, but his defense is still the same. Confirm? 22.214.171.124 03:49, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
The health values are dead on, but when he transforms he should lose all of his defense and hit harder instead.
Creates Blood Moon?[edit | edit source]
While fighting, instantaneously clicking eye before the moon, I got a blood moon. I did another the next night and got a blood moon. Can someone check this out?
iv'e seen it before but it has not been confimed by anyone from steam game projects.iv'e snooped around and nothing was said true.perhaps a BUG or mod?--Matchbox184 16:32, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
got smashed...[edit | edit source]
I have a full set of copper and these weapons:Copper Broadsword,Trident,Blowpipe,Enchanted Boomerang and a Copper bow with fire and jesters arrows.also I have 7 hearts.Why'd i die???I had lots of potions and double jump so..Terrariafreakpiper
- Check out the page on strategy that's linked at the top of this article. Make sure that you're killing off the Servants of Cthulhu as it spawns them, because they will "smash" you quickly if you let them live. You could definitely use better armor, but more important is avoiding its attacks, both by killing the Servants immediately and by dodging the Eye when it charges at you. Use ranged weapons to fight so that you can position yourself better for dodging. Best of luck! -- Rhombus (T♦C) 22:36, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
New acccount from Terraria freakpiper[edit | edit source]
Thx!that was me on my old account.I now have:heavy gold broadsword,Damaged wooden bow and a Godly spear.also, I have this armor:Copper helmet,copper greaves,Armored cloud in a bottle and a hard aglet.I have 160 health?Why'd I die this time?
- Your health is still kinda low and your armor needs to be improved. Without knowing how you died we can't help you much. Like Rhombus posted way back last September, you really should read that guide. - Spinfx 04:13, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
I beat the EoC the first night i felt it watching me with 220 hp, some ancient shadow armor i got as random drops, an annoying plat brdswrd and a silver bow with tonnes of frostburns. the important part is the frostburns. when he starts to transform, hit him with everything and sword the minions when you can.
Avoiding the Eye[edit | edit source]
It seems that if you get an "evil presence" message, the eye won't appear if you're underground. If that's correct, then the page should mention it.
- Not more than 5 minutes after glacing through here, I got the message and was indeed attacked by the Eye while underground. Pic: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129402066 126.96.36.199 02:18, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
Damage Reduction[edit | edit source]
I just looked here to see what this guy's defense was since it's been a while since I played. I have weapons that are dealing ~20 to every other foe with 0 defense; The Eye of Cthulhu on the other hand takes only 1-3 damage each time I hit him with the same weapons.
If his defense is 0, where is this huge reduction in damage coming from?
188.8.131.52 01:59, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
His defense only lowers after you reduce him to half health and his iris/pupil turns into a monster mouth
Mobile Bug?[edit | edit source]
On my iPad, when spawning the Eye, the overworld day theme is played instead of the boss music and the night theme is still heard, but the volume is greatly reduced. Has anybody else encountered this?--184.108.40.206 17:42, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
Can't be summoned in the rain?[edit | edit source]
Version 220.127.116.11 for PC: trying to use a Suspicious Looking Eye during a rainstorm seems to have no effect. Successfully Summoned EoC immediately after rain stopped.
Crimson drops in a Corruption world[edit | edit source]
Me and my friend just defeated Cthulhu because he's new to terraria, and we have the corrupt in our world. After we killed it, the drops were crimson ore, but no crimson, or corrupt seeds? My character hasn't been on a world with a crimson biome, but my freind has, but the world is mine. Anyone like to explain? Real confused.
- Hm, that's odd. My only guess is that it's some kind of bug. NoseOfCthulhu (talk) 03:55, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
Possible Bug[edit | edit source]
I've met the Eye's requirements for 30+ nights, already encountering 2 goblin hordes already, yet I have not once seen the Eye. I've purposely not forced it's summon to see how far I could go without fighting it. Apparently, every hellstone item, the Night's Edge, and the defeat of both other bosses isn't enough. Can someone confirm whether or not this is a glitch?--Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- The requirements have changed a bit, as you now need four NPCs. Furthermore that player that has 200 health should be the same player as the one with >10 defense, but aside from that it remains random. --0icke0 (talk) 09:24, 18 June 2014 (UTC)
Spawned with three npc's[edit | edit source]
It says on the page it requires three npc's to spawn, but it spawned today for me when I only had 3 npc's (Guide, Merchant, Demolitionist), but I did meet all other requirements. Maybe it is only three npc's, or maybe if you have more health / defense, the other criteria lowers. --Sjeesen (talk) 14:26, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
- I had no town NPCs (Guide was KIA my first night). I was living in a dirt tunnel, so no NPCs wanted to live there -- I met the Angler. Destroyed 3 crimson hearts, and the thing spawned. I don't think there's any NPC requirement. Kektklik (talk) 22:37, 9 October 2014 (UTC)
Quickest kill possible[edit | edit source]
I did some calculations, though I didn't actually try it, but I discovered that it is possible to kill the eye in less than a second (22 frames) with the right endgame equipment. I'm not sure if this is something to post on the article itself, so I'll just post it here. The items used are a Legendary Meowmere, a full set of scale Beetle Armor, and Menacing Warrior Emblem, Mechanical Glove, Avenger Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, and Celestial Stone. It also includes the buffs Well Fed, Tipsy, and Wrath, and a Flask of Ichor. Critical strikes, human reflexes, and staggering are not taken into account. The battle is begun without fighting anything else in advance. The first hit deals 468 damage and takes 7 frames, leaving EoC at 2332 HP. The second deals 490 in 5 frames, bringing the total to 1842 HP 12 frames in. The third does 511 in 4 frames, to 1331 HP 16 frames in. The fourth hit and everything afterwards deal 533 damage in 2 frames each. The HP and frame count go to 798 at 18, 265 at 20, and then 0 at 22. I suppose it would go a lot quicker if a few slimes are fought first and critical strikes are made. 192.168.11.220 16:51, 4 July 2015 (UTC)