|Dimensions||3 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Buy / Sell||2 50 / 50|
The Teleporter is a travel mechanism sold by the Steampunker. When two Teleporters are wired together with a triggering mechanism, they can instantaneously exchange players, NPCs, or enemies between them. Teleporting is always instantaneous, has no load time or cooldown, and costs no Mana.
The two Teleporters must be placed on a surface of solid blocks or platforms and connected by Wire, along with a trigger mechanism (eg. a Switch or Pressure Plate). When the trigger is activated, an entity within the Teleporter's area-of-effect is instantly transported to the other. The activation looks similar to Magic Mirror use. A Pressure Plate can be placed directly on top of a Teleporter as the triggering mechanism, along with a short Wire connection, to allow activation by simply walking onto it.
Teleporters will transport player characters, NPCs, or enemies (but not background Critters, items, or other entities) touching the 3x3 tile area above it. A character standing a maximum of three tile heights above the Teleporter can still be transported, and burying a Teleporter two tiles deep can still transport players walking on the surface.
Teleporting is always two-way: when a connection is activated, both ends will exchange all players, NPCs, and hostile mobs, that are at least partially occupying any square of 3x3 space above Teleporter pads. Players should keep this in mind when constructing Teleporter paths, as enemies could unintentionally be brought into a base, for example.
- There is no limit to how far two Teleporters can be placed from each other (as of 1.2.3). As long as they are connected by Wire, Teleporters any distance from each other will still work.
- They will not transport Worms, Bosses, other enemies that travel through blocks, Critters, liquids, item drops, Boulders, or placed furniture.
- Other blocks or furniture can be placed on Teleporters. Placed items will not be teleported, nor will they "block" teleportation of entities above them, as long as the entities are still within the 3x3 area of effect.
- A single Teleporter can be wired to multiple destinations: With access to only a single wire color, each end of a Teleporter pad can be wired to one destination each, for a total of two possible destinations (each must have its own triggering mechanism). Using all three wire colors, each of the three can be connected simultaneously to each end of the Teleporter, for a total of six possible destinations (3+3).
- The three blocks composing the teleporter can, like other solid blocks, be shaped using a Hammer. This doesn't affect the Teleporter's function, except that the 3x3 space to be teleported and the position of the teleported entity are both relative to the Teleporter's surface; if the teleporter is flattened to half blocks, they will both move down half a block (if the three blocks are different shapes, the height is determined by the first block encountered in the algorithm below). Note that pressure plates can only be placed on full blocks.
- Teleporters can be used to create entrances into sealed bases. For Teleporters used with Pressure Plates to access safe zones, use Pressure Plate types that are player-activated only (gray, brown, blue), to better ensure that enemies can't inadvertently activate them and teleport inside.
- Teleporters with Pressure Plate triggers are very useful in Boss Arenas, as they enable instantaneous dodging between remote locations. A player can jump between them continuously while firing Ranged or Magic Weapons.
- Teleporting at night will cause NPCs that haven't moved into their assigned housing to instantly do so, which can be useful.
- When teleporting rapidly, using the Hoverboard (other wings?) on one end of the teleporter and continuing to fly on the other will allow you to fly through solid blocks above you, for a short period of time.
- Distance limit between teleporters removed.
- Using a teleporter tile releases all grapples.
- Fixed a crash when you destroy a teleporter with a chest on top.
- 188.8.131.52: You can no longer teleport into the jungle temple.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Tools||Wire • Wrench (Blue • Green) • Wire Cutter|
|Triggers||Lever • Switch • Pressure Plates • Timers|
|Devices||Active/Inactive Stone Block • Actuator • Pumps • Teleporter • Functional Statues • Light sources • Gemspark Blocks|
|Traps||Dart • Super Dart • Spear • Spiky Ball • Flame • Explosives|