Animation of the Terra Blade.
The Terra Blade is a Hardmode beam sword, and is the highest base damaging sword in the Console and Mobile versions. It auto-swings firing a green bolt projectile that costs no Mana or ammunition and can pierce up to two enemies, dissipating upon impacting a third. The beam can travel up to 5000 feet (2500 blocks) at a speed of 67 mph. Effects from a Flask will transfer to the sword beam as well.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Console and Mobile versions[edit | edit source]
|| Sword of the Hero
| Obtain a Terra Blade, forged from the finest blades of light and darkness.
- The projectile fired by the Terra Blade is referred to as the "Terra Beam" in death messages.
- The sword can be swung (and its projectile fired) faster by rapidly clicking, rather than using autoswing.
- Improvements to the weapon's melee speed increase the velocity of the beam.
- It is made out of 8 usable swords.
- The Terra Blade is crafted from the True Night's Edge and True Excalibur, both of which require the Broken Hero Sword. The Broken Hero Sword drops from enemies during Solar Eclipses (which have a 5% chance of occuring each day once a Mechanical Boss has been defeated). On the Desktop version it drops from Mothron (which requires all Mechanical Bosses to be defeated), and on Console and Mobile, it drops from both Frankenstein and Swamp Thing.
- Although the Terra Blade can be crafted after defeating all three Mechanical Bosses, it is more viable to finish making it post-Plantera. Solar Tablet Fragments, which are found in the Jungle Temple (entry requires Plantera's defeat), can be used to summon Solar Eclipses rather than wait for one.
- During a bloodmoon the Terra Blade will turn into a redish orangish color, shooting orange projectiles instead of green.
- Before 1.3 it was the strongest sword.
- Now makes a new sound when swung
- No longer requires a Broken Hero Sword to craft.
- Damage increased from 88 to 95.
- 1.2.4: Now autoswings.
- Damage increased from 80 to 88.
- Increased projectile fire rate.
- 1.2: Introduced.