Animation of the Blade when using melee speed enhancers.
The Terra Blade is a Hardmode projectile sword, and is the highest base damaging sword in the Console and Mobile versions. It auto-swings, firing a green bolt projectile that costs no mana or ammunition and can pierce through two enemies, dissipating upon impacting a third. The projectile can travel up to 5000 feet (2500 blocks) at a speed of 67 mph. This projectile will only be stopped due to hitting a wall or hitting 3 enemies. It will graphically disappear upon leaving the player's screen but will be visible again if they teleport in its direction. The projectile does equal damage to the sword, but if both are used at the same time it can do almost double the damage.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Console and Mobile versions[edit | edit source]
|| Sword of the Hero • "Obtain a Terra Blade, forged from the finest blades of light and darkness."
| Obtain a Terra Blade.
- When using autoswing, the projectile will only fire on every other swing rather than every swing. The Terra Blade's projectile can be fired faster by rapidly clicking, rather than using autoswing.
- Modifiers that decrease speed will not fix this, as they will also reduce the speed projectiles can be fired.
- Improvements to the weapon's melee speed increase the velocity of the projectile.
- Effects from a Flask will transfer to the sword's projectile as well.
- The Terra Blade is crafted from the True Night's Edge and True Excalibur, both of which require the Broken Hero Sword. The Broken Hero Sword drops from enemies during Solar Eclipses (which have a 5% chance of occurring each day once a Mechanical Boss has been defeated). On the Desktop version it drops from Mothron (which requires all Mechanical Bosses to be defeated), and on Console and Mobile, it drops from both Frankenstein and Swamp Thing.
- Although the Terra Blade can be crafted after defeating all three Mechanical Bosses, it is more viable to finish making it post-Plantera. Solar Tablet Fragments, which are found in the Jungle Temple (entry requires Plantera's defeat), can be used to summon Solar Eclipses rather than wait for one.
- Some may argue whether the Terra Blade or The Horseman's Blade is more powerful. Damage-wise, the Terra Blade is better for both melee and ranged attacks.
- Now makes a new sound when swung.
- No longer directly requires a Broken Hero Sword to craft.
- Damage increased from 88 to 95.
- 1.2.4: Now autoswings.
- 1.2.3: :
- Damage increased from 80 to 88.
- Increased projectile fire rate.
- Removed mana sound when swung.
- 1.2: Introduced.