| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
The Terra Blade is a top-tier Hardmode Sword, currently with the highest base per-hit damage of any Sword in Terraria. It auto-swings, and fires a green Sword projectile that costs no Mana or Ammunition and can pierce up to three Mobs.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The Terra Blade can pass through an infinite stack of enemies as it swings, but the sword's sword beam can only pass through two enemies, vanishing after damaging a third.
- The projectile's range is about 5000 feet (2500 blocks) before vanishing.
- The velocity of the projectile is improved by melee speed modifiers.
- If a Flask is buffing the character, the buff will also apply to the sword's projectile.
- The Terra Blade's projectile seems to consume minuscule amounts of Mana (about 1).
- Its projectile can glitch through sloped blocks at certain angles.
- In order to craft a Terra Blade from scratch, you need 12 Hallowed Bars, 40 Demonite or Crimtane Ores, 12 Jungle Spores, 15 Stingers, a Muramasa, 60 Hellstone, 20 Obsidian, and 3 Broken Hero Swords.
- The Terra Blade can not autoswing on the console version of Terraria.
The Terra Blade's autoswing will not launch projectiles at the maximum rate. If you want to fire as many projectiles as possible, the autoswing is useless.
The projectile will go through blocks that have been altered by a hammer
- With a Legendary reforged Terra Blade, Fire Gauntlet, Destroyer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, Mechanical Glove, and Warrior Emblem accessories all reforged with Menacing (+4% damage), and the Well Fed, Tipsy and Flask of Ichor buffs, As well as wearing the Chlorophyte Mask, Turtle Scale Mail, and Hallowed Greaves, the Terra Blade will have a base damage of 226 melee damage, making it possible to score critical hits for 600 damage. You can also use full Beetle Armor with the offensive chestplate, and with the full set buff engaged you can attain an even higher DPS.
- The Terra Blade deals 13 more damage than The Horseman's Blade, despite being available earlier in the game. The Horseman's Blade can attain a higher damage rate due to its pumpkins that home in on the enemy (however the pumpkins don't attack other players in PVP situations). As such, one may consider The Horseman's Blade the stronger of the two swords.
- 1.2.4: Now autoswings.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 80 to 88, shoots projectiles more rapidly (Up to fastest rate the blade is able to swing).
- 1.2: Introduced.