Terraria Wiki:Admin noticeboard
|Do not post game suggestions, game bugs, or game technical support requests on this page. Useinstead.|
The Admin noticeboard is one way for users to notify administrators of issues requiring administrative attention. Users are also welcome to directly contact specific administrators (especially if they are seen to be active), but posting here can more reliably ensure that at least one admin will notice an issue and respond promptly. Remember to sign when posting an issue.
Dee958 (profile • talk • contribs (deleted) • logs • block log • block) Spambot. Also, a question: is it worth reporting vandals individually anymore, or do you normally look through other people's reverts and find them yourself? Gearzein (talk) 15:37, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Blocked. (Also if users creates a new page it is often easy to find them, but if they just make edits we may miss them, or at least I do as far as I'm still active.) --0icke0 (talk) 11:32, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
Just a note for when you block 126.96.36.199 (profile • talk • contribs (deleted) • logs • block log • block)- he's got an account at Ericjung1212 (profile • talk • contribs (deleted) • logs • block log • block) he'll probably use to keep reposting the same crap. Gearzein (talk) 16:11, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- He reverted himself after making those. I think it's likely he's misunderstanding the way the infobox works, and is attempting to trigger something in the infobox to make it state that the item is so rare/expensive that it can't be obtained. I'm going to keep an eye on him; holding off on action for now. Equazcion (talk) 04:26, 7 Jan 2015 (UTC)
Something's going to eventually need to be done about ThePyromancer13(talk • contribs • logs • block log). Their edits have always been minimally constructive at best, and they are entirely unresponsive to their talk page or edit summaries. Very often, one of their edits will be undone, only for them to come back a few days later and replace it without explanation. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to view this editor's actions as being committed in good faith, but their inability or unwillingness to communicate in any fashion, combined with a mixed history dotted with genuine attempts at being helpful, makes it difficult to remand them as a vandal outright. Gearzein (talk) 22:44, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- I agree and have just left him/her a warning. If these edits occur again with no communication I'll have to begin escalating blocks of ThePyromancer13 (unfortunately). Equazcion (talk) 01:10, 3 Jan 2015 (UTC)
Bossness19 (profile • talk • contribs (deleted) • logs • block log • block) is probably an alt of that docterwho guy. They make the same kind of edits on the same pages. Also worth noting is the apparently snide comment the good Doctor made to that account before his block was finalized. You may want to consider a more severe variety of blocking. --188.8.131.52 16:37, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- I agree, blocked. Equazcion (talk) 16:42, 5 Nov 2014 (UTC)
- I've extended their blocks to one year, and added User:JohnnyBoy76 to the mix, who is also either the same person or at least on the same mischief team (checkuser confirmed Johnny and Docter are in the same IP range). The extended duration is due to the subtlety of the edits, as they were trying to make edits that would stick because they could plausibly be true without being confirmable, which is more dangerous than blatant nonsense. Thanks for the report and suggestion. Equazcion (talk) 18:02, 5 Nov 2014 (UTC)
You may have noticed this but 184.108.40.206 (profile • talk • contribs (deleted) • logs • block log • block) is a bit of a repeat offender, having been blocked a few weeks ago. I doubt they're going to become a worthwhile contributor anytime soon, either, so it may be worthwhile to increase the block period in this case.
- Blocked 3 months. There's a bit of stigma around long-term blocks on IPs, even if they appear to be static, but we'll keep increasing if needed. Equazcion (talk) 23:51, 18 Nov 2014 (UTC)