|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
From Terraria Wiki
|Internal Item ID: 2208|
Cages cannot be opened, broken, or un-crafted, so once a critter is crafted into a cage with the Terrarium, that particular Critter can no longer be released.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Some critters such as the Butterfly and the Firefly cannot be put in Terrarium, but in jars, bottles, and in the case of Goldfish, in Water Bottles.
- Penguins, Bunnies, and Goldfish which have been put into Terrariums do not become corrupt on Blood Moons.
- To cage every critter in a terrarium requires 28 terrariums, which takes 448 pieces of Glass (or 896 sand).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The plural of "terrarium", besides "terrariums", is "terraria", which is also the name of the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- New critter cages: Grubby Cage, Sluggy Cage, Buggy Cage, Red Squirrel Cage, Enchanted Nightcrawler Cage
- Introduced golden critter cages: Gold Bird Cage, Gold Bunny Cage, Gold Frog Cage, Gold Grasshopper Cage, Gold Mouse Cage, Gold Squirrel Cage, Gold Worm Cage.
- 1.2.3: Introduced.