|AI Type||The Destroyer AI|
|Soul of Might (20-40)||100%|
|Greater Healing Potion (5-15)||100%|
|Hallowed Bar (20-44)||100%|
- For strategies on how to defeat The Destroyer, see Guide:The Destroyer strategies.
- For the item see The Destroyer (item).
"You feel vibrations from deep below..."
The Destroyer is a Hardmode Boss, and is a harder version of the Eater of Worlds. Like the Eater of Worlds, The Destroyer is a very large Worm. Though it appears to be similarly made up of many segments, individual segments cannot die, and The Destroyer will not split apart into multiple enemies. The entire enemy instead has a single shared Health, and will remain at full size until it is killed.
The Destroyer is summoned using a Mechanical Worm at Night. Night time is the only condition required for summoning. It must be killed before dawn, otherwise it despawns. In the PC version it can also spawn naturally and spawns following the prompt 'You feel a quaking from deep underground...' or 'You feel vibrations from deep below...'.
Each of The Destroyer's segments contains a red-lit Probe, which are independent flying enemies that are launched periodically as The Destroyer takes damage. They fire lasers at the player, both while within The Destroyer and when detached. Probes can be killed individually. If the red light is missing from a segment, it means the Probe was already launched from that segment.
In the PC version the Destroyer is immune to all debuffs. However, the probes are not.
- If you use a Magic Mirror to escape from the Destroyer, the Destroyer will not despawn, and will follow you to your spawn, no matter how far away it is.
- The picture of the Destroyer is just a small preview; the actual boss is extremely long (estimated 150+ blocks, ~86 segments).
- The Destroyer spawns its drops where its head was located, making it potentially very difficult to find them. If the Destroyer died with its head in the air, it may help to find all the other items dropped by the Destroyer (i.e. coins and health potions), as they will all fall to the ground directly below where the Destroyer's head was when it died. The Souls of Might will be hovering in midair somewhere directly above these dropped items. If the head was underground, the player will have to dig for them. It is also possible for its drops to be lost forever as the head can be very far away when it dies.
- If the Destroyer is summoned just before dawn, it will quickly despawn, resulting in a wasted mechanical worm.
- Like other worms, the Destroyer spawns with all of its segments in one spot and only slightly off screen, meaning that you can often find the destroyer still "coiled-up". If this occurs with the Destroyer not hidden inside the terrain, you can take advantage of this with multi-hitting attacks to deal immense damage.
- If you use a Mechanical Worm after seeing the message "You feel vibrations from deep below...", two destroyers will spawn, and they will both attack the player with separate health bars.
- The Destroyer is considered to be the easiest of the Hardmode bosses, despite it being the Hardmode version of the mid-difficulty Eater of Worlds. However, if you are not good at dodging attacks, this boss can be troublesome, as it (as well as its probes) will shoot A LOT of lasers.
- Because of this, this boss is the easiest to farm for Hallowed Bars and Souls of Might, and can be a very profitable way of making money. By crafting Gungnirs and selling them (30 gold per Gungnir, possibly even more with a modifier) and selling the Souls (2 gold per soul), one can make more than a platinum per boss battle.
Due to its unlimited piercing ability, the Heat Ray can deal over 8000-10000 damage per shot if it hits most to all of the segments and the right accessories are used, killing the destroyer within 3-5 seconds.
The Destroyer is the only one whose movement can be somewhat controlled. Being a worm-type, it needs blocks in order to maneuver, and can only launch above-ground for a limited height. For The Destroyer, that height can be sizable; around 3/4 of the screen (even in 1680x1050 resolution), but this weakness can still be exploited, for example by setting up a bridge of Wood Platforms high above the ground, preventing The Destroyer from reaching the player.
- Consider using penetrating weapons, such as the Poison Staff, Demon Scythe, Magical Harp, Golden Shower, Dao of Pow, Star Cannon, Ice Sickle, or even Boulders. Additionally using ammo like Meteor Shot, Hellfire Arrows, Jester's Arrows and Holy Arrows can deal damage to multiple parts causing major damage. The Stake Launcher is particularly effective, and with the right equipment can eliminate The Destroyer in under a minute.
- 188.8.131.52: The Destroyer is now immune to all debuffs.
- Now has a chance to spawn during hardmode with the message: "You feel vibrations from deep below...".
- Will now drop 20-40 Souls of Might, instead of 20-30. Also has a chance to drop its respective Boss Trophy.
- Health reduced from 80000 to 60000, damage and defense of all parts reduced.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|King Slime • Brain of Cthulhu • Eye of Cthulhu • Eater of Worlds • Skeletron • Queen Bee • Wall of Flesh|
The Twins • The Destroyer • Skeletron Prime • Plantera • Golem • Pumpking • Ocram
|Bone Serpent • Digger • Devourer • Giant Worm • Leech • World Feeder • Wyvern • Arch Wyvern|
Eater of Worlds • The Destroyer