|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
The Horseman's Blade
|The Horseman's Blade|
|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons Pumpkin heads to attack your enemies|
|Internal Item ID: 1826|
The Horseman's Blade is an auto-swinging Hardmode, post-Plantera sword that summons homing pumpkin heads upon striking an enemy. It was the third strongest sword in the game prior 18.104.22.168, being beaten only by the True Night's Edge and the Terra Blade by 13 base damage. However, this weapon's homing projectiles can add up to more damage per swing than the Terra Blade. Despite it being called Horseman's Blade, it drops from Pumpking.
The best Modifier available is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player is unable to turn while swinging the sword, similar to the Excalibur.
- The pumpkins do the same amount of damage as the sword and can also critically hit.
- The sword can be seen in darkness, but casts no light on other objects.
- Pumpkins may spawn and follow Spike Balls, enemy projectiles, and even bound NPCs.
- The pumpkins won't spawn or home in on other players in PvP, but can damage other players if they are already spawned and happen to make contact.
- Wearing full Frost Armor or a Fire Gauntlet, or using one of the many flasks that generate light on weapon swings, will cause pumpkin projectiles to glow as well.
- In the mobile version, The Horseman's Blade is stackable.
- If you hit a critter with the sword, pumpkins will not spawn.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Attacking large segmented enemies such as the Destroyer or Wyvern with the blade will cause many pumpkins to spawn and attack.
- Using an automatic Slime farm, you can kill the Slimes with the Horseman's Blade to make pumpkins spawn and attack other foes, which is especially useful while fighting bosses and during the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon.
- It is possible, due to the higher base damage, to get 115 damage using the Legendary Modifier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Horseman's Blade (and the Headless Horseman enemy) is a reference to the Headless Horseman featured in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1820) by Washington Irving. In the story's climax the main character is chased by the Headless Horseman that ultimately throws his head at him, the head afterwards revealed (to the reader) to actually have been a pumpkin. The story has since been referenced many times, as well as linked to Halloween due to Jack-o'-lanterns. In Disney's film adaption (1949) it appears as a Jack-o'-lantern on fire, which this item likewise might be a reference to.
- A Modifier prefix will be displayed incorrectly, such as "Godly The Horseman's Blade". This effect can also be seen on any other item starting with "The"
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed not summoning pumpkins against Lunar Invasion enemies.
- 126.96.36.199: Can now be Reforged.
- 1.2.1: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings • Solar Wings • Vortex Booster • Nebula Mantle • Stardust Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor • Solar Flare armor • Vortex armor • Nebula armor • Stardust armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen • Martian Saucer • Lunatic Cultist • Celestial Tower • Moon Lord|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Ancient Manipulator • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Spectre Bar • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk • Luminite Bar • Solar Fragment • Vortex Fragment • Nebula Fragment • Stardust Fragment|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Event|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper • Laser Drill • Solar Flare Pickaxe • Solar Flare Axe • Solar Flare Hamaxe • Solar Flare Hammer • Solar Flare Drill • Solar Flare Chainsaw • Vortex Pickaxe • Vortex Axe • Vortex Hamaxe • Vortex Hammer • Vortex Drill • Vortex Chainsaw • Nebula Pickaxe • Nebula Axe • Nebula Hamaxe • Nebula Hammer • Nebula Drill • Nebula Chainsaw • Stardust Pickaxe • Stardust Axe • Stardust Hamaxe • Stardust Hammer • Stardust Drill • Stardust Chainsaw • Drill Containment Unit|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun • Laser Machinegun • Xenopopper • Electrosphere Launcher • Charged Blaster Cannon • Influx Waver • Solar Eruption • Daybreak • Vortex Beater • Phantasm • Nebula Arcanum • Nebula Blaze • Stardust Cell Staff • Stardust Dragon Staff • Star Wrath • Celebration • Last Prism • Lunar Flare • Rainbow Crystal Staff • Lunar Portal Staff • S.D.M.G. • Terrarian • Meowmere|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam swords||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|