The Horseman's Blade
|The Horseman's Blade|
|Use time||25-29 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Summons Pumpkin heads to attack your enemies|
The Horseman's Blade is an auto-swinging Hardmode, post-Plantera sword that summons homing pumpkin heads upon striking an enemy. It is currently the third strongest sword in the game, being beaten only by the True Night's Edge and the Terra Blade by 13 base damage. However, this weapon's homing projectiles can add up to more damage per swing than the Terra Blade. Despite it being called Horseman's Blade, it drops from Pumpking.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The player is unable to turn while swinging the sword, similar to the Excalibur.
- The pumpkins do the same amount of damage as the sword and can also critically hit.
- The sword can be seen in darkness, but casts no light on other objects.
- Pumpkins may spawn and follow Spike Balls, enemy projectiles, and even bound NPCs.
- Using monster-spawning statues can be used to produce a great number of pumpkins that will also seek out other enemies.
- The pumpkins won't spawn or home in on other players in PvP, but can damage other players if they are already spawned and happen to make contact.
- Wearing full Frost Armor or a Fire Gauntlet, or using one of the many flasks that generate light on weapon swings, will cause pumpkin projectiles to glow as well.
- Attacking large segmented enemies such as the Destroyer or Wyvern with the blade will cause many pumpkins to spawn and attack.
- This weapon is, like the Headless Horseman, a reference to the Headless Horseman featured in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1820) by Washington Irving. In the story's climax the main character is chased by the Headless Horseman that ultimately throws his head at him, the head afterwards revealed (to the reader) to actually have been a pumpkin. The story has since been referenced many times, as well as linked to Halloween due to Jack-o'-lanterns. In Disney's film adaption (1949) it appears as a Jack-o'-lantern on fire, which this item likewise might be a reference to.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|