|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal Item ID: 191|
The Thorn Chakram is a boomerang that returns to its user after reaching its maximum distance or hitting an enemy. It differs from most other Boomerangs in that it does not necessarily return immediately when impacting an object, but instead can ricochet off solid surfaces (including wood platforms) before returning. The Thorn Chakram has a chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff.
This weapon, like all Boomerangs, can be thrown through closed doors and one block-thick walls when standing right against them; though while other boomerangs must be thrown at an absolute horizontal trajectory to fly through these objects, the Thorn Chakram will pass through them when thrown at nearly any angle. It will not fly out through ceilings or floors; but when returning to you, it will fly back through them.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Console and Mobile versions[edit | edit source]
| Lead Anvil /|
PC version[edit | edit source]
| Lead Anvil /|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Thorn Chakram can be glitched through one-block thick openings if bounced off the ceiling.
- In the mobile version it can be found in Golden Chests in the Jungle and Dungeon.
- It has a 20% chance of inflicting the poisoned debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A chakram is a weapon used by ancient Indians. It is a metal wheel that was thrown to the enemy but it would not return or bounce.
- The Thorn Chakram is also the black screen loading icon in the mobile version of Terraria.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Now only requires 9 Stingers to craft instead of 15.
- 1.2: Sprite redrawn.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
| Boomerangs |
|Wooden • Enchanted • Ice • Fruitcake Chakram • Bloody Machete • Thorn Chakram • Flamarang Light Disc • Bananarang • Paladin's Hammer • Possessed Hatchet|