The Thorn Chakram is a Boomerang that returns to its user after reaching its maximum distance or hitting an enemy. It differs from most other Boomerangs in that it does not necessarily return immediately when impacting an object, but instead can ricochet off up to four solid surfaces (including wood platforms) before returning. The Chakram has a chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff.
This weapon, like all Boomerangs, can be thrown through closed doors and one block-thick walls when standing right against them; though while other boomerangs must be thrown at an absolute horizontal trajectory to fly through these objects, the Thorn Chakram will pass through them when thrown at nearly any angle. It will not fly out through ceilings or floors; but when returning to you, it will fly back through them.
Its best prefix is Godly.
- The Thorn Chakram can be glitched through one-block thick openings if bounced off the ceiling.
- In the mobile version it can be found in golden chests in the Jungle.
- It has a 50% chance of inflicting the poisoned debuff.
- The Saving Icon in the Console (prior 1.2) and Mobile versions of Terraria is a Thorn Chakram.
- Now listed as melee.
- Spore requirement reduced from 15 to 6. Stinger requirement reduced from 20 to 15.