Thorn Chakram's animation.
The Thorn Chakram is a boomerang that returns to its user after reaching its maximum distance or hitting an enemy. It differs from most other Boomerangs in that it does not necessarily return immediately when impacting an object, but instead can ricochet off solid surfaces (including wood platforms) before returning. The Thorn Chakram has a 20% chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff.
This weapon, like all Boomerangs, can be thrown through closed doors and one block-thick walls when standing right against them; though while other boomerangs must be thrown at an absolute horizontal trajectory to fly through these objects, the Thorn Chakram will pass through them when thrown at nearly any angle. It will not fly out through ceilings or floors; but when returning to you, it will fly back through them.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Console, Mobile and 3DS Versions[edit | edit source]
- The Thorn Chakram can be glitched through one-block thick openings if bounced off the ceiling.
- Even though this is considered "risky", you can get this weapon at the start of the game, along with the Blade of Grass.
- A chakram is a weapon historically used in India. It is a metal wheel that was thrown to the enemy but it would not return or bounce.
- The Thorn Chakram is also the loading icon for saving located in the bottom-right in the mobile version of Terraria.(in the versions before 1.2.12715 release.)
- 22.214.171.124: Now only requires 9 Stingers to craft instead of 15.
- 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Now listed as melee.
- Spore requirement reduced from 15 to 6.
- Stinger requirement reduced from 20 to 15.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.