Tim is a rare enemy found in the Cavern layer. With an appearance similar to Dark Casters, he can be distinguished by his Wizard Hat, which is guaranteed to drop when he is defeated. Like other casters, Tim will fire three Chaos Balls that pass through solid blocks before teleporting to another visible location on screen.
Tim is immune to the Poisoned, Venom, and Confused debuffs.
On the Desktop version, wearing one of the gemmed Robe variants will increase Tim's spawn rate from 1/200 to 1/50.
It is one of the few enemies that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Tim's spawn rate increase is described in changelogs as occurring if the player "need[s] his hat". This increase is actually triggered by wearing one of the gem-crafted variations of Robes- any of which can serve as half of a two-piece Wizard armor set with the Wizard Hat that Tim drops, granting the player a 10% increase in magic critical strike chance.
- Tim's name is a reference to Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as confirmed by Blue on the Terraria IRC. The name of the achievement gotten by killing him is also a reference to his introduction in the movie.
- Tim seems to spawn more commonly the closer you are to The Underworld, though he will not spawn in The Underworld itself.
- Now spawns more frequently "if you need his hat". (The player must be wearing a gemmed Robe.)
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2.3: Spawn chance increased.
- 1.1: No longer immune to On Fire! debuff.
- 1.0.5: A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.
- 1.0.4: Spawn chance decreased.
- 1.0.3: Introduced.