Titanium Ore is a Hardmode ore which can possibly replace Adamantite in a given world. Titanium, like all Hardmode ores is generated upon destruction of an Altar with a Pwnhammer or higher. Like Adamantite, a Mythril Drill/Orichalcum Drill (or their Pickaxe equivalents) or better is required to mine it. On the Mobile version it can also be mined with a Palladium Drill.
On the Desktop version, Titanium ore, as well as Titanium Bars, can also be obtained by opening crates, eliminating the need for a lower tier pickaxe.
- Titanium Ore can be much harder to locate than its counterpart Adamantite Ore, due to the coloration. Whereas Adamantite has a distinctive red color, Titanium has a sparkling dark gray with minuscule spots of green and pink (when in clusters). The grayish color makes Titanium harder to spot, and in dark areas it might even be mistaken for other ores like Platinum or Silver - it is however very easily distinguishable from the Stone Blocks where Titanium possesses a much darker, almost tar-like texture.
- The Minimap is similarly unhelpful for locating Titanium Ore, as Lead Ore is marked with almost the same color on it.
- Titanium is a real metal. Its legendary reputation for durability is more based on its inert nature and corrosion resistance rather than its strength; in reality, titanium is no stronger than steel, though it is lighter and far more corrosion-resistant than steel.
- Titanium (scientific notation Ti) is No.22 on the periodic table of elements.
- Titanium's melting point is 1,668°C (3,034°F) in comparison to steel's 1510°C (2750°F)
- In the real world, Titanium is used for a variation of applications ranging from industrial presses for machinery, to medical implants, to local tools in everyday use.
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields 10 more per titanium bar.
- 188.8.131.52: Placed Titanium has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Introduced.