Titanium Ore is a Hardmode ore which can possibly replace Adamantite in a given world. Titanium, like all Hardmode ores is generated upon destruction of a Demon Altar with a Pwnhammer or higher. Like Adamantite, a Mythril Drill/Orichalcum Drill (or their Pickaxe-equivalents) or better is required to mine it.
- Titanium Ore can be much harder to locate than its counterpart Adamantite Ore, due to the coloration. Whereas Adamantite has a distinctive red color, Titanium has a sparkling dark gray with minuscule spots of green and pink (when in clusters). The grayish color makes Titanium harder to spot among Stone Blocks, and in dark areas it might even be mistaken for other ores like Platinum or Silver - it is however very easily distinguishable from the Stone Blocks where Titanium possesses a much darker, almost tar-like texture.
- The Minimap is similarly unhelpful for locating Titanium Ore, as Lead Ore is marked with the same color on it.
- On a small map Titanium spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles), 100 feet (50 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a medium map Titanium spawns below a depth of 2,130 feet (1,065 tiles), 170 feet (85 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a large map Titanium spawns below a depth of 2,930 feet (1,465 tiles), 420 feet (210 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- Titanium is a real metal. Its legendary reputation for durability is more based on its inert nature and corrosion resistance rather than its strength; in reality, titanium is no stronger than steel, though it is lighter and far more corrosion-resistant than steel.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Introduced.