| Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and mobile version of Terraria.
Tizona was previously the strongest sword in the Console version of the game and has the ability to cause bleeding on impact.
It acts in the same way as Excalibur in that the player cannot turn while swinging, and has a silver/gray handle and cross piece with a purple blade similar in shape to an "8" or infinity symbol for its new sprite. When swung a yellow/red fire animation is shown, similar to meteor armor and the Fiery Greatsword. It attacks repeatedly when held down. It is a recommended sword for hardmode console players. The best possible prefix for this weapon is Legendary.
- Tizona is one of the swords carried by the medieval knight Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, El Cid Campeador (Lord champion), which was used to fight the Moors in Spain according to the epic poem Cantar del Mio Cid. The name Tizona translates to burning stick, firebrand.
- Before 1.2 and formerly in Mobile Version its sprite was a recolored version of the Excalibur.
- On the collector's edition poster, it is said to give slowness instead of bleeding.
- Before Console 1.2, it was the strongest sword in the game.
- It has a slight resemblance to the Fierce Deity Blade from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.