It is highly recommended to prepare a suitable house for the Truffle before defeating the Wall of Flesh, as the Mushroom Spear he sells has the second highest base damage of any spear, the North Pole having the highest, and is available after you defeat one mechanical boss.
 Items sold
Once the Truffle has moved into a house, he sells the listed items below.
|Mushroom Spear||70||After any mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|Hammush||40||After any mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|Mushroom Cap||2||Always available.|
|Autohammer||1||After Plantera has been defeated.|
|Strange Glowing Mushroom||45||Always available.|
|Dark Blue Solution||25||Always available.|
Truffle may have any of the following names:
- "There's been such a huge rumor that's being spread about me, 'if you can't beat him, eat him!'"
- "Everyone in this town feels a bit off. I woke up to the clothier chewing on my foot last night."
- "As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children."
- "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one."
- "I tried to lick myself the other day to see what the big deal was, everything started glowing blue."
- "Between you and me, [Dryad's name] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion."
- "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy."
- "I don't know the 'Truffle Shuffle', so stop asking!" (Reference to "The Goonies" movie.)
- Truffle can only spawn into a house if the ground beneath the house is at least two blocks thick. A single one block thick platform will not suffice, and will leave you without the NPC.
- Truffle can only spawn inside of a Mushroom Biome that is ABOVE the ground. Do not place the home underground.
- Try to build enough houses as possible before attempting a Mushroom biome home for the Truffle. If NPC's are waiting for a home, they will move in the Mushroom biome home, instead of the Truffle.
- All of his names are named after a type of mushroom or toadstool.
- The "Truffle Shuffle" line is a reference to the movie "The Goonies"
- Truffle's line about "everything glowing blue" may imply that the blue mushrooms are hallucinogenic. This may be a reference to the mushroom genus Psilocybe, which are both hallucinogenic, and stain blue when touched.
- The line "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy", may be referring to the fact that he is an underground creature, as opposed to most diurnal animals, who become more active when exposed to the sky. Or it could be a joke because the entire Mushroom Biome (as well as himself) is blue. It could also simply be a joke referring to the slang term "blue" which indicates a person is sad or depressed, thus, seeing the color blue makes him feel "blue".
- The line "you haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one." refers to the fact that most pigs love Black Truffle mushrooms.
- The line 'if you cant beat him, eat him' may be a reference to the Children's television show Kirby, Right Back At Ya where that line is used in the show's main theme song.
- The line "Between you and me, [Dryad's name] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion." this is a reference to how Glowing Mushrooms can be used to create Healing Potions or could be eaten before 1.2 to restore Health.
- Truffle may refer to King Truffle from the classic SNES game Secret of Mana.
- Truffle is the only NPC that is required to be housed in a specific biome.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Guide • Merchant • Traveling Merchant • Dye Trader • Nurse • Dryad • Painter • Arms Dealer |
Demolitionist • Clothier • Party Girl • Stylist • Mechanic • Goblin Tinkerer • Witch Doctor
Hardmode (Wizard • Pirate • Steampunker • Truffle • Cyborg)