| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
| This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Truffle is an NPC that sells various items such as the Autohammer, Hammush and Mushroom Spear. To get the Truffle to move in, there must be housing in a surface Mushroom Biome during hardmode. He needs 100 blocks of mushroom Grass, Plants and Trees to spawn. 200 blocks will cause the Mushroom enemies to spawn.
It is highly recommended to prepare a suitable house for the Truffle after defeating the Wall of Flesh, as the Mushroom Spear he sells has the third highest base damage of any spear, the North Pole having the highest, and is available after you defeat one mechanical boss.
 Items sold
Once the Truffle has moved into a house, he sells the listed items below.
Truffle may have any of the following names:
- "There's been such a huge rumor that's being spread about me, 'if you can't beat him, eat him!'"
- "Everyone in this town feels a bit off. I woke up to the clothier chewing on my foot last night."
- "As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children."
- "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one."
- "I tried to lick myself the other day to see what the big deal was, everything started glowing blue."
- "Between you and me, [Dryad's name] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion."
- "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy."
- "I don't know the 'Truffle Shuffle', so stop asking!" (Reference to "The Goonies" movie.)
- Truffle can only spawn and live above ground, and cannot be moved into a house underground even if it is in a Mushroom Biome.
- Try to build enough houses as possible before attempting a Mushroom biome home for the Truffle. If NPCs are waiting for a home, they will move in the Mushroom biome home, instead of the Truffle.
- If you haven't defeated Plantera yet, there's an empty slot in his item inventory where the Autohammer should be. This slot is properly filled once you defeat Plantera.
If the house the Truffle lives in is no longer valid, and there is no other house in the mushroom biome, the Truffle will disappear completely, but will respawn once the requirements are met again.
It seems that trying to create another biome, such as jungle, near the Truffle's house fails; it will remain a Mushroom biome.
If the Truffle has appeared and you try to move him to the house that is not in Mushroom biome, one of NPCs waiting to move in will immediately spawn in the house you chose.
On a rare occasion after Plantera is killed, Truffle won't spawn.
- All of his names are named after a type of mushroom or toadstool.
- The "Truffle Shuffle" line is a reference to the movie "The Goonies".
- The line "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy", may be referring to the fact that he is an underground creature, as opposed to most diurnal animals, who become more active when exposed to the sky. Or it could be a joke because the entire Mushroom Biome (as well as himself) is blue. It could also simply be a joke referring to the slang term "blue" which indicates a person is sad or depressed, thus, seeing the color blue makes him feel "blue".
- The line "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one." is likely a reference to truffle hogs. Also, this quote could hint to Duke Fishron The Scaly Truffle also refers to this.
- The line "If you cant beat him, eat him" may be a reference to the Children's television show Kirby, Right Back At Ya where that line is used in the show's main theme song.
- The line "Between you and me, [Dryad's name] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion." is a reference to how Glowing Mushrooms can be used to create Healing Potions or could be eaten before 1.2 to restore Health.
- Truffle mentioning the Clothier chewing on his foot and people saying if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em may hint at blue mushrooms being addictive.His "Everything glowing blue line" may also hint at blue mushrooms being psychedelic drugs, like real life magic mushrooms.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Truffles had a hole in his shop if you didn't meet a requirement.
- 1.2.3: Now requires a mechanical boss to be defeated before selling the Mushroom Spear.
- 1.2: Introduced.