|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Internal NPC ID: 160|
- This article is about the NPC. Not to be confused with Truffle Worm, Shrimpy Truffle or Scaly Truffle.
The Truffle is a Hardmode NPC that sells the Autohammer, a crafting station necessary for crafting Shroomite Bars, along with other various mushroom-themed items. To get the Truffle to move in, there must be a vacant House in (or near) a surface Mushroom Biome during Hardmode. Surface Mushroom biomes must be created manually by a player, and do not generate naturally. 100 blocks of Mushroom Grass, Plants and Trees are required.
When threatened by enemies, the Truffle will release mushroom spores, which hover in air and deal damage.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Mushroom Cap||2||Always available.|
|Strange Glowing Mushroom||45||Always available.|
|Dark Blue Solution||25||Always available.|
|Mushroom Spear||70||After any mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|Hammush||40||After any mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|Autohammer||1||After Plantera has been defeated.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If other NPCs are waiting to move in, they may move into a Mushroom biome home before the Truffle can. When attempting to spawn the Truffle, try to make sure ample Houses exist for other NPCs that have not yet spawned.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Truffle may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "There's been such a huge rumor that's being spread about me, 'if you can't beat him, eat him!'"
- "Everyone in this town feels a bit off. I woke up to [the clothier's name] chewing on my foot last night." (Only if Clothier is present)
- "As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children."
- "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one." (reference to the historical use of pigs to locate truffles growing underground)
- "I tried to lick myself the other day to see what the big deal was, everything started glowing blue."
- "Why does [Name of Witch Doctor] keep trying to to cram me into a cauldron?" (Only if Witch Doctor is present)
- "Between you and me, [Name of Dryad] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion." (Only if Dryad is present)
- "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy."
- "I don't know the 'Truffle Shuffle', so stop asking!" (Reference to "The Goonies" movie.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All of his names are types of mushroom or toadstool.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Truffles had a hole in his shop if you didn't meet a requirement.
- 1.2.3: Now requires a mechanical boss to be defeated before selling the Mushroom Spear.
- 1.2: Introduced.