|Internal NPC ID: 160|
The Truffle is an NPC that sells various items such as the Autohammer, Hammush and Mushroom Spear. To get the Truffle to move in, there must be housing in a surface Mushroom Biome during Hardmode. He needs 100 blocks of Mushroom Grass, Plants and Trees to spawn.
Once the Truffle has moved into a house, he sells the listed items below.
|Mushroom Cap||2||Always available.|
|Strange Glowing Mushroom||45||Always available.|
|Dark Blue Solution||25||Always available.|
|Mushroom Spear||70||After any mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|Hammush||40||After any mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|Autohammer||1||After Plantera has been defeated.|
Truffle may have any of the following names:
- "There's been such a huge rumor that's being spread about me, 'if you can't beat him, eat him!'"
- "Everyone in this town feels a bit off. I woke up to [the clothier's name] chewing on my foot last night." (Only if Clothier is present)
- "As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children."
- "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one." (Possible reference to the Scaly Truffle which summons a Pigron)
- "I tried to lick myself the other day to see what the big deal was, everything started glowing blue."
- "Why does [the witch doctor's name] keep trying to to cram me into a cauldron?" (Only if Witch Doctor is present)
- "Between you and me, [the dryad's name] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion." (Only if Dryad is present)
- "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy."
- "I don't know the 'Truffle Shuffle', so stop asking!" (Reference to "The Goonies" movie.)
- Truffle can only spawn and live above ground, and cannot be moved into a house underground even if it is in a Mushroom Biome.
- Try to build enough houses before attempting a Mushroom biome home for the Truffle. If NPCs are waiting for a home, they will move in the Mushroom biome home, instead of the Truffle.
- If you haven't defeated Plantera yet, there's an empty slot in his item inventory where the Autohammer should be. This slot is properly filled once you defeat Plantera (fixed 1.2.4)
- In the mobile version the Mushroom Spear costs 30 .
- All of his names are types of mushroom or toadstool.
- The "Truffle Shuffle" line is a reference to the movie "The Goonies".
- The line "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one." is a reference to truffle hogs.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Truffles had a hole in his shop if you didn't meet a requirement.
- 1.2.3: Now requires a mechanical boss to be defeated before selling the Mushroom Spear.
- 1.2: Introduced.