The Underground Jungle is one of the most difficult areas to traverse. Located below the surface Jungle, it is a dense network of small caverns, populated with thorns, water, and some of the most difficult enemies.
Jungle Shrines and Underground Cabins are common, often containing chests with rare items. Materials such as Stingers, Jungle Spores, and Vines can also be gathered here in abundance. There are also approximately 3/5/7 Bee Hives (depending on world size) filled with honey and at least one Queen Bee Larva. The Jungle Temple is also located here, which only becomes accessible once Plantera is defeated in Hardmode.
On the Desktop version, Living Mahogany Trees can be found with an Ivy Chest in them. Beehive background objects spawn in both the surface and Underground Jungle; when hit, they fall to the ground and break, spawning Bees and an occasional Hornet. Beehives can also be dislodged with grappling hooks.
- Corruption/Crimson will slowly convert mud blocks to dirt (Hallow will not); Corruption/Crimson and Hallow will spread to corruptible blocks up to three tiles away.
- Chlorophyte Ore will grow from Mud Blocks.
- Life Fruits will grow when one Mechanical Boss has been defeated on Desktop version.
On Console and Mobile versions they will grow before any Mechanical Boss is defeated, albeit in smaller numbers.
- Once all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated, Plantera's Bulbs spawn in the Underground Jungle, which are used to summon Plantera.
- After defeating Plantera, the Jungle Temple can then be entered to summon Golem.
- All enemies in the Underground Jungle have a chance of dropping a Jungle Key, or if you're on Console or Mobile, a Jungle Key Mold.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
|From Ivy Chests:||
After killing a Mechanical Boss:
Location[edit | edit source]
|Map Size||Min Start Depth||Average Start Depth||Max Start Depth|
|Small||60 ft||240 ft||420 ft|
|Medium||90 ft||360 ft||630 ft|
|Large||120 ft||480 ft||840 ft|
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.0.5: Unique music track added.
- Jungle plants now grow underwater.
- Now found directly under the Surface Jungle biome.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Jungle Sanctum • Ruined House|