Unholy Arrows are a type of arrow. Compared to the Wooden Arrows used to craft them, they are stronger and have a piercing effect, allowing each arrow to penetrate up to three monsters. Against multi-section monsters, a single Unholy Arrow can damage multiple sections. A fired Unholy Arrow has a 25% chance of being recoverable after hitting an enemy or a wall.
In addition to being crafted, Unholy Arrows are dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu, but only on worlds that generated with Corruption. After defeating the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu, the Arms Dealer begins selling Unholy Arrows at night. After activating Hardmode, they become available during the day as well.
- Due to requiring Worm Teeth, which only drop from Devourers and have no Crimson equivalent, Unholy Arrows are not possible to craft in worlds that generate with Crimson without transferring materials (ideally Worm Teeth) from a world with The Corruption. However, it is possible to purchase them from the Arms Dealer even on Crimson worlds.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 8 to 12.
- Sprite updated.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Unholy Arrows can now be purchased from Arms Dealer at night after killing the Eater of Worlds.
- Recipe changed; now requires 3 Wooden Arrows and produces 3 Unholy Arrows, instead of 2 each. (Undocumented.)
- Pre-Release: Introduced.