|Note: This article is about future Desktop version updates. For past updates, see Desktop Version history, Console Version History, Mobile Version History, and 3DS Version History.|
Re-Logic staff members occasionally announce and/or hint at various details of Terraria updates that are still in development. This page lists those details.
Since the updates described here have not been released yet, and many of these details are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots provided by the staff, all items here may be subject to change, or may not end up in a future Terraria update at all.
Upcoming features policy:
1.3.6[edit | edit source]
1.3.6 is currently under development and will act as the second part of 1.3.5, being focused on re-balancing, tweaking, or polishing many aspects of the game, as well as improving upon some areas that were overlooked or forgotten during past updates. 1.3.6 will also act as a base for "secret Terraria update plans".[forums 1]
- Improved Smart Cursor.[tweets 1]
- Water Candles and Peace Candles can be toggled via Wires.[tweets 2]
- A new female NPC will be added into the game.[youtube 1]
- Statues can be flipped around.[tweets 3]
- The Beach Ball is now susceptible to projectiles.[forums 2]
- Players can use formerly NPC-only emotes.[tweets 4]
- Razer Chroma Support.[forums 3]
- Mannequins can now utilize dyes and accesories.[forums 4]
- Spider Furniture set, as suggested on the forums.[forums 5]
1.4[edit | edit source]
Development for 1.4 has not yet started, but in the Terraria discord server, developer Cenx mentioned that update 1.4 will have "a form of creative mode". This mode "won't just give you everything. it will all need to be earned", unlike traditional creative modes in other games.[discord 1]
Terraria Series[edit | edit source]
Following the release of the Terraria 1.3 update, lead developer Redigit has moved on to working on another project, though developers Yoraiz0r and Skiphs plan to continue updating Terraria into the future. While Redigit worked with the team to develop 1.3.5, it is unknown if he will continue developing updates after this.
Terraria: Otherworld's release date is yet to be determined, and it has its own wiki at http://terrariaotherworld.gamepedia.com/Terraria:_Otherworld_Wiki. Until the game's release, the information on that wiki will be based on spoilers released by the developers, and the rules regarding speculation will be pretty relaxed for now, but should be kept within reason. For the latest news regarding Terraria: Otherworld, see Terraria: Otherworld on Twitter, Terraria: Otherworld on the Forums, and Terraria: Otherworld on Facebook.
Redigit stated that he plans to later release Terraria 2, a separate game from Terraria: Otherworld, although little information is known about the nature or content in the upcoming sequel.
References[edit | edit source]
Forums[edit | edit source]
- PC 1.3.5 is live!26th Apr 2017
- I am all about this idea, consider it done. :^)26th Apr 2017
- To add to our recent streak of spoilers, we'd like to share that 1.3.6 will bring full Razer Chroma Support! It is pretty glorious :^)12th May 2017
- Terraria Celebrates 6 Years!16th May 2017
- 1.3.6 New Furniture Preview19th May 2017
Tweets[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.6 is officially underway - starting with a better Smart Cursor multiplayer pickaxe experience!26th Apr 2017
- To be expected in 1.3.6. Always keep the suggestions coming!26th Apr 2017
- Like the idea of flippin' statues? 1.3.6 will bring that option and more!28th Apr 2017
- Coming soon to PC!8th May 2017
Youtube[edit | edit source]
- 1:4627th Apr 2017
Discord[edit | edit source]
- Terraria discord server21st April 2017