- This article is about future updates. For previous and present updates, see Version history. For the console previous and present updates, see Console Version History. For the mobile previous and present updates, see Mobile Version History.
This page describes future features announced by Terraria's developers. None of these are guaranteed to be included in the game.
Some of the following information hasn't been explicitly announced yet, and are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots from the developers. Item and feature names may be especially conjectural, and may not be the final names present in the release.
This will have been the last update that Redigit worked on personally. After beginning work on 1.3, Redigit moved to preliminary work on a new game outside of the Terraria franchise, with additional long-term plans for a Terraria sequel. The developers Yoraiz0r and Skiphs will continue updating Terraria during 1.3 and beyond.
- Lunar Event with Lunar Boss.[reddit 1]
- Another side event.[forums 1]
- More than 140 new items.
- Event/Invasion progress bars.[dev 1]
- Achievements.[forums 2]
- More unknown stuff.[forums 3]
 New items
Specific new items mentioned:
- Laser Ruler accessory, which allows live measuring of tile distances via the cursor.[dev 1]
- Meowmur (possibly referring to a sword that makes cat sounds when swung).
- Sinks added to each furniture set.[forums 4]
- Portal Gun.[other 1]
- Living Rainbow and Living Flame Dyes.[dev 1]
- Pixie, Wisp, and Chlorophyte Dyes [tweets 1]
Specific changes mentioned:
- Dyes will be more visible.[dev 1]
- Platform stack limit increase to 999 (from 99).[tweets 1]
- Living Wood Chests always contain a Living Wood Wand and Leaf Wand.[tweets 1]
- Bunny Mount no longer incurs fall damage.[tweets 1]
- The Axe drop rate increased from 1/200 to 1/50.[tweets 1]
- Voodoo Demon increased spawn rate.[tweets 1]
 Unspecified version
The following changes have been mentioned by the game developers, but haven't been specified to be included in a particular version.
 New additions and changes
- Separate cooldowns for edibles.
- Professional language translation.
- Random Eye Candy. 21th August 2014
- @Cennxx: I programmed Terraria for the first time last night! 29th August 2014
 Forum posts
- Lunar Event Confirmed 29th October 2013
- Terraria Toys for Tots Stream Xmas Update Spoilers! 9th December 2013