|The game content described below is still in development.|
| This information pertains to features not yet included in the game, and is subject to change.|
They may or may not end up in a future Terraria release.
- This article is about future updates. For previous and present updates, see Version history. For the console previous and present updates, see Console Version History. For the mobile previous and present updates, see Mobile Version History.
Re-Logic staff occasionally announces and/or hints at various details of Terraria updates that are still in development. This page lists those details. Features described on this page are not guaranteed to be included in the game. Some are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots provided by the staff.
This will have been the last update that Redigit worked on personally. During the development of 1.3, Redigit also began preliminary work on a new game outside of the Terraria franchise, with additional long-term plans for a Terraria sequel. The developers Yoraiz0r and Skiphs will continue updating Terraria during 1.3.[forums 1]
- Lunar Event.[reddit 1]
- Another side Event.[forums 2]
- More than 140 new items.
- New mini-Biomes.[forums 1]
- New summon items (Minions/Pets).
- Achievements.[forums 3]
- More unknown stuff.[forums 4]
Specific new items mentioned:
- Laser Ruler accessory, which allows live measuring of tile distances via the cursor.[dev 1]
- Meowmur (possibly referring to a sword, cat sounds when swung).
- Sinks added to each furniture set.[forums 5]
- Portal Gun.[other 1]
- Living Rainbow, Living Flame,[dev 1] Pixie, Wisp, Chlorophyte Dyes.[tweets 1]
- Cultist clothes vanity set.[forums 6]
- Honeyfall Blocks and Walls.[forums 7]
- 3 new Mounts, one being a futuristic digging vehicle.[forums 1]
Specific new characters mentioned:
Specific changes mentioned:
- Events will have progress bars.[dev 1]
- Dyes will be more visible.[dev 1]
- Platform stack limit increase to 999 (from 99).[tweets 1]
- Living Wood Chests always contain a Living Wood Wand and Leaf Wand.[tweets 1]
- Bunny Mount no longer incurs fall damage.[tweets 1]
- The Axe drop rate increased from 1/200 to 1/50.[tweets 1]
- Voodoo Demon increased spawn rate.[tweets 1]
- NPCs have better AI and animations, will no longer stand in front of Chests to block access, and will sit in Chairs.[forums 1]
- Enchanted Sword shrine.[forums 1]
- Characters have "spring in their step," especially during running.[forums 1]
- "Cleaner" and "smarter" starting areas on world generation.[forums 1]
- Smart cursor will build stairs.[forums 1]
- Starting outfit options at character creation.[forums 8]
The following changes have been mentioned by the game developers, but haven't been specified to be included in a particular version.
New additions and changes
- Separate cooldowns for edibles.
- Professional language translation.
- Random Eye Candy. 21th August 2014
- @Cennxx: I programmed Terraria for the first time last night! 29th August 2014
- Lunar Event Confirmed 29th October 2013
- Terraria Toys for Tots Stream Xmas Update Spoilers! 9th December 2013
- http://imgur.com/a/HJddO from Pedguin Twitch.TV stream chat4 september 2014