- This article is about future updates. For previous updates, see Version history.
This page describes future features announced by Terraria's developers. None of these are guaranteed to be included in the game.
Some of the following information hasn't been explicitly announced yet, and are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots from the developers. Item and feature names may be especially conjectural, and may not be the final names present in the release.
 2013 Holiday update
 Unspecified version
The following changes have been mentioned by the game developers, but haven't been specified to be included in a particular version.
 New additions and changes
- A Lunar boss or event as in-game Boss/Event, due to the lunar boss battle theme, and comments by Redigit.
- Danger of town destruction due to invasions.[forum 1]
- The S.D.M.G.
- The Steampunk Wings.
- Alternate Underground Theme music.
- New harder world types:[blog 1]
- Alien planets
- Alternate dimensions
- Evil worlds
- Enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city.[blog 1]
- More events:[blog 1]
- Lunar Event[reddit 1]
- More/improved invasions
- Official Modding Support
- Weather:[blog 1]
- Farming and stamina system that gives a bonus to player stats.[blog 1]
- Implementation of Steam features.[blog 1]
- NPCs which can give quests to provide more content.[blog 2]
- New items:[blog 2]
- Fishing Pole
- New furniture:[tweet 1]
- Weather Vane
- a wall mounted fish
- Window with Curtains
- Cuckoo Clock
- Upside down slopes:[tweet 2]
 Forum posts
- Redigit post 1st July 2011
- Lunar Event Confirmed 29th October 2013