- This article is about future updates. For previous and present updates, see Version history. For the console previous and present updates, see Console Version History.
This page describes future features announced by Terraria's developers. None of these are guaranteed to be included in the game.
Some of the following information hasn't been explicitly announced yet, and are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots from the developers. Item and feature names may be especially conjectural, and may not be the final names present in the release.
 1.2.4 [forums 1]
- Mermaid Outfit [forums 2]
- Bee Summoner Armor [forums 2]
- Slime Mount [forums 2]
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Duke Fishron (seemingly an April Fool's joke)
- Minecarts and minecart physics [tweet 1]
- New NPC [tweet 1]
- New tree - Palm? [tweet 1]
- New wood - Palm? [tweet 1]
- New furniture - Palm? [tweet 1]
- New trophies [tweet 1]
- Jellyfish Bowl [tweet 1]
- Underground Crimson music, to replace the Eerie theme it currently uses [tweet 1]
- Note: This will be the last Update in which Redigit will work on before moving on to Terraria 2. Although, the developers, Solsund and Yoraiz0r, will still keep updating Terraria.
 Unspecified version
The following changes have been mentioned by the game developers, but haven't been specified to be included in a particular version.
 New additions and changes
- New harder world types:[blog 1]
- Alien planets
- Alternate dimensions
- Evil worlds
- Enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city. You can slaughter them while they are weak, or let them build up their strength to get better rewards.[blog 1]
- More events:[blog 1]
- Official Modding Support
- Weather:[blog 1]
- Farming and stamina system that gives a bonus to player stats.[blog 1]
- Implementation of Steam features.[blog 1]
- NPCs which can give quests to provide more content.[blog 2]
- New items:[blog 2]
- Portcullis / Reinforced Doors / Stone Doors
- Placeable Flags
- New furniture:[tweet 2]
- Weather Vane
- A wall mounted fish
- Window with Curtains
- Cuckoo Clock
- A completely overhauled Spell/Magic system
- Separate cooldowns for edibles.
- New Biomes and Bosses
- Professional language translation.
 Forum posts
- Lunar Event Confirmed 29th October 2013
- Terraria Toys for Tots Stream Xmas Update Spoilers! 9th December 2013