- This article is about future updates. For previous and present updates, see Version history. For the console previous and present updates, see Console Version History.
This page describes future features announced by Terraria's developers. None of these are guaranteed to be included in the game.
Some of the following information hasn't been explicitly announced yet, and are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots from the developers. Item and feature names may be especially conjectural, and may not be the final names present in the release.
 1.2.4 [forums 1]
- Lunar Event[reddit 1]
- The Lunar Boss[reddit 1]
- The SDMG
- The Steampunk Wings
- Portal Gun [other 1]
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Unknown [forums 1]
Note: This will be the last Update in which Redigit will work on before moving on to Terraria 2. The Developers Solsund and Yoraiz0r will still keep updating Terraria after that, though.
 Unspecified version
The following changes have been mentioned by the game developers, but haven't been specified to be included in a particular version.
 New additions and changes
- New harder world types:[blog 1]
- Alien planets
- Alternate dimensions
- Evil worlds
- Enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city. You can slaughter them while they are weak, or let them build up their strength to get better rewards.[blog 1]
- More events:[blog 1]
- Official Modding Support
- Weather:[blog 1]
- Farming and stamina system that gives a bonus to player stats.[blog 1]
- Implementation of Steam features.[blog 1]
- NPCs which can give quests to provide more content.[blog 2]
- New items:[blog 2]
- Portcullis / Reinforced Doors / Stone Doors
- Placeable Flags
- Fishing Poles / Fish
- New furniture:[tweet 1]
- Weather Vane
- A wall mounted fish
- Window with Curtains
- Cuckoo Clock
- A completely overhauled Spell/Magic system
- Separate cooldowns for edibles.
- New Biomes and Bosses
- Professional language translation.
- [https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/98439655975948289 Tiyuri tweet 2nd August 2011
 Forum posts
- Information about 1.2.3, 1.2.4 and 1.3 7th February 2014
- Lunar Event Confirmed 29th October 2013
- Terraria Toys for Tots Stream Xmas Update Spoilers! 9th December 2013