|Note: This article is about future Desktop version updates. For past updates, see Version history, Console Version History, and Mobile Version History.|
Re-Logic staff members occasionally announce and/or hint at various details of Terraria updates that are still in development. This page lists those details.
Since the updates described here have not been released yet, and many of these details are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots provided by the staff, all items here may be subject to change, or may not end up in a future Terraria update at all.
Upcoming features policy:
Terraria 1.3.1[edit | edit source]
Content[edit | edit source]
- Logic gates (AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, and XNOR)
- Yellow Wire.[forums 2][forums 3]
- Snow no longer passes through blocks.[forums 4]
- Conveyor Belts.[forums 5]
- Large Gems can now be placed in containers and can activate wire when done so.[tweets 1][tweets 2]
- New pressure plates activated by projectiles.
- New Large Amber gem.
- Updated Large Gem textures.
- Controller support.[forums 6]
- A new helmet.
Images[edit | edit source]
Terraria Series[edit | edit source]
Following the release of the Terraria 1.3 update, lead developer Redigit has moved on to working on Terraria: Otherworld, though developers Yoraiz0r and Skiphs plan to continue updating Terraria into the future.[forums 7]
Redigit has also stated that he plans to later release Terraria 2, a seperate game from Terraria: Otherworld,[forums 8] although little information is known about the nature or content of this sequel.
References[edit | edit source]
Forum Posts[edit | edit source]
- Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!.6th August 2015
- Yoraiz0r confirms logic gates26th August 2015
- Yoraiz0r confirms Yellow Wire. The game only allows for 4 wire colors. Each wire color exists on a separate layer, and the devs are officialy out of layers.25th August 2015
- Cenx shows off snow falling on blocks instead of through them.16th October 2015
- Cenx shows off the Guide's heroism as he is hurtled into lava via conveyor belt.18th November 2015
- Cenx explains the lack of 1.3 spoilers early in development.17th August 2014
- The next game Red make will not be Terraria 2.20th August 2014