|Damage|| 32 / 64 (56) (melee)|
42 / 84 (Ranged attack)
|Max Life||140 / 280 (308)|
|KB Resist||20% / 28%|
|Debuff duration||15 seconds / 30 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
|Internal NPC ID: 66|
A Voodoo Demon is an enemy found in The Underworld. They are identical to Demons in behavior, but differ slightly in appearance: a small Guide Voodoo Doll hangs from one of its talons, and it lacks the blue bracelets and anklets that are worn by Demons.
They also have 20 more health than standard Demons, but deal the same amount of damage. Instead of just having a chance to drop the Demon Scythe , they will also drop their Guide Voodoo Doll. Note that killing one over lava will likely cause the doll to fall into the lava, killing the Guide and making the Wall of Flesh spawn.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like normal Demons, Voodoo Demons take no damage from lava.
- They are immune to the On Fire! and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
- They tend to spawn less frequently in Hardmode.
- They have a fairly low spawn rate compared to Demons and Arch Demons.
- The Wall of Flesh will only be summoned if the Voodoo Doll is destroyed by lava. If the Voodoo Demon allows the Voodoo Doll to make contact will lava, without actually dropping it, the Voodoo Doll will not be destroyed, and the Wall of Flesh will NOT be summoned.
- They spawn less frequently in Expert Mode
- Oddly enough, the "hurt" sound they make was not updated along with regular Demons in 184.108.40.206.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It may be worth investing time into building a 1 block thick bridge over a large portion of the Underworld. This will both ensure that no Guide Voodoo Dolls accidentally fall in lava, also making the fights with the Wall of Flesh more manageable.
- In order to effectively farm Guide Voodoo Dolls, it may be worth utilizing the 1 block thick bridge as an arena for battling multiple Demons at once, due to the low spawn rate of Voodoo Demons.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Spawn rate increased.
- 18.104.22.168: Can now drop the Demon Banner.
- Damage decreased from 50 to 32.
- Life increased from 120 to 140.
- Spawn rate increased slightly.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.