|Damage|| 32 (Melee attack)|
21 (Ranged attack)
|Guide Voodoo Doll||100%|
A Voodoo Demon is a type of monster found in the Underworld. They are identical to Demons in behavior, but differ slightly in appearance: a small Guide Voodoo Doll hangs from one of its talons, and it lacks the blue bracelets and anklets that are worn by Demons.
They also have 20 more health than standard Demons, but deal the same amount of damage. Instead of having a chance to drop the Demon Scythe they will always drop their Guide Voodoo Doll. Note that killing one over lava will likely cause the doll to fall into the lava, killing the Guide and making the Wall of Flesh spawn. However, if a Voodoo Demon simply flies low over lava, submerging the doll, it will not summon the Wall of Flesh, as the doll is considered part of the demon's sprite, and not the actual item.
- Like normal Demons, Voodoo Demons take no damage from lava.
- They are immune to the On Fire! and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
- They tend to spawn less frequently in hardmode.
- They have a fairly low spawn rate compared to Demons.
- They also have a lower spawn rate than Arch demons.
- They seem to spawn frequently in Ruined Houses, so make sure to check in them as much as possible.
- They appear to spawn more frequently when you have at least a single guide voodoo doll in your inventory.
- It may be worth investing time into building a 1 block thick bridge over a large portion of the Underworld. This will both ensure that no Guide Voodoo Dolls accidentally fall in lava, also making the fights with the Wall of Flesh more manageable.
- In order to effectively farm Guide Voodoo Dolls, it may be worth utilizing the 1 block thick bridge as an arena for battling multiple Demons at once, due to the low spawn rate of Voodoo Demons.
- Damage decreased from 50 to 32.
- Life increased from 120 to 140.
- Spawn rate increased slightly.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.