Wall of Flesh
|Wall of Flesh|
|AI Type||Wall of Flesh Body AI|
|Max Life||8000 (shared)|
|Healing Potion (5-15 )||100%|
|Clockwork Assault Rifle||16.67%|
|Wall of Flesh Mask||14.29%|
|Wall of Flesh Trophy||10%|
- For strategies on how to defeat the Wall of Flesh, see Guide:Wall of Flesh strategies.
To defeat the Wall of Flesh, you must attack its eyes or its mouth. They all share the same life counter, so shooting at any of the three will deplete the boss' total health. Shooting at the eyes causes the most damage, as they have the lowest defense. Its other body parts are transparent to weapons, so attacking those will not deplete its health.
The Wall of Flesh is summoned when a Guide Voodoo Doll is destroyed by lava in The Underworld while the Guide is alive. This kills the Guide and summons the boss. The Doll can be thrown in lava either by killing the Voodoo Demon that carries it above a lava pool, or by picking up the dropped Doll and throw it in the lava yourself. In the mobile version, you simply tap the Doll in your hotbar.
If the Guide is not alive when the Doll is destroyed, the Wall of Flesh will not spawn, and the Doll will be wasted. If you have already summoned the Wall of Flesh recently, make sure the Guide has respawned before attempting to summon the Wall again.
The Wall of Flesh is very large, occupying the entire screen vertically. Once spawned, it steadily sweeps across the map in a single direction, forcing the player to constantly move away for the duration of the fight while contending with the Underworld's usual hazards. The Wall moves faster as it gets more wounded. It must be killed before it reaches the end of the map, otherwise it will despawn and all living players will die (with the unique death message "<PLAYERNAME> was Licked").
Keep this behavior in mind when preparing an Arena, as the fight will take you many screens away (unless you are already using Hardmode gear). Any platform you build will need to be very long (ie. tile length reaching in the thousands). Water Walking Potion or Lava Waders are of tremendous use in mitigating the Underworld's many Lava pools.
- The Wall has small mouths called The Hungry, each attached by a long vein, which move towards and damage players. As the Wall of Flesh's main body takes damage, these mouths deal more damage, and become more resistant to attacks. It is therefore advisable to take care of them first. When they've suffered enough damage, they will detach and attempt to fly into players.
- The Wall has eyes that shoot lasers. As its health decreases, the lasers increase in damage, speed, and frequency.
- The Wall spits Leeches out of its mouth, which chase players.
- The Tongue grabs players that wind up behind The Wall or attempt to flee the battle and deals significant damage.
If you manage to flee the Underworld during the fight, you will die instantly, with the message “<PLAYER NAME> tried to escape”. This can be done using the Magic Mirror, which causes death after teleportation. This can be used as a last-ditch attempt to conserve items or money, as they will drop next to the spawn point.
When the Wall of Flesh is killed, it leaves its drops in a floating, fully enclosed box of Demonite Bricks. One of the drops is always the Pwnhammer, which becomes an essential tool. It is possible for the Pwnhammer or other dropped items to spawn outside the enclosed box and fall into the lava.
After defeating the Wall for the first time, your world will enter Hardmode, and you will face tougher enemies. This will also generate two diagonal stripes of The Hallow and The Corruption (or The Crimson if your world generated with that instead) in a "V" or "X" pattern that starts from the center of The Underworld all the way to the Surface (and higher, as Floating Islands in these paths will also be converted).
Note: See Hardmode for more extensive information.
- Take care to avoid accidentally letting a Voodoo Demon drop its Doll into Lava, as this will also summon the Wall of Flesh.
- On the mobile version, killing the Wall of Flesh does not start Hardmode, nor does it drop the Pwnhammer.
- If you have problems getting the Guide to spawn, make sure there isn't an Event in progress. It must be daytime for the Guide to respawn.
- Because of the way it works, the Wall has many spawning problems. Due to this, the start can be the most tricky part of the battle.
- When spawning WoF, if using a long platform bridge, take note that when WoF spawns, it can face east or west.
- Certain consumables and accessories such as Gravitation Potion, Obsidian Skin Potion, Rocket Boots and Lava Waders can make traversing the underworld much easier.
- Target the eyes rather than the mouth, since the eyes have 0 defense.
- The Wall of Flesh's spawn location is determined by where the Voodoo Doll was thrown in relation to the center of the world. Thus, you can get the maximum space to fight the Wall by reaching the edge of the world and throwing the doll toward that edge.
- Preparing the Underworld for the battle is advised. Having a reasonably long straight path with no danger of getting stuck or falling can make the battle significantly easier, and can even block lasers from the lower eye if the path is at the proper height.
- You may want to make a backup of your world in case one of the bugs appears or you afterwards discover that you weren't ready for Hardmode yet.
- Multi-hit spells and weapons, such as Diamond Staff, Demon Scythe, and Night's Edge, help beat the Hungry quickly.
- Inflicting multiple sections of the Wall of Flesh with the On Fire! or Cursed Inferno debuffs, using Bows or Repeaters and the appropriate Arrows, will deal damage much more quickly.
- Using Bombs, Dynamite, and Explosives to destroy the Underworld houses makes leveling the Underworld much easier.
- If you start the battle in the same place multiple times, you can leave the treasure box intact to mark your record time.
- If you're attempting to make a bridge and there's lava in the way, you can drop bombs in the lava to blow up the blocks underneath it and force it to go lower.
- A Star Cannon with about 250 Fallen Stars can easily demolish the WoF.
- If you fail to defeat the WoF, turn off your console and log back in, then re-attempt from the last save.
- 1.2.3: Now has a chance to drop the Wall of Flesh Mask.
- 1.2.2: Now has a chance to drop the Wall of Flesh Trophy.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Pre-Hardmode Enemies • Hardmode Enemies • Event Enemies • Bosses • Critters • Friendly NPCs • Familiars|
|Pre-Hardmode||King Slime • Eye of Cthulhu (Servant of Cthulhu) • Eater of Worlds • Brain of Cthulhu (Creeper) • Queen Bee • Skeletron (Dungeon Guardian) • Wall of Flesh (Leech) • Lepus (Diseaster Bunny)|
|Hardmode||The Twins • The Destroyer (Probe) • Skeletron Prime • Plantera • Golem • Ocram|
|Pumpkin Moon||Mourning Wood • Pumpking|
|Frost Moon||Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|