Wall of Flesh
|Wall of Flesh|
|AI Type||Wall of Flesh Body AI|
|Max Life||8000 (shared)|
|Healing Potion (5-20)||100%|
|Clockwork Assault Rifle||16.67%|
- For strategies on how to defeat the Wall of Flesh, see Guide:Wall of Flesh strategies.
To summon the Wall of Flesh, a Guide Voodoo Doll must be thrown (or otherwise fall) into Lava in the Underworld while the Guide is alive, which sacrifices the Guide and spawns the Boss. If the Guide does not exist at the time, the Wall of Flesh will not spawn. With the Guide sacrificed, the Wall of Flesh will spawn and instantly cast the Horrified debuff on all players, which will last until the Wall or the players die. If playing console mode, the wall will move in the direction you are facing when you throw the doll.
If you kill a voodoo demon over lava, dropping the voodoo doll into the lava, the wall of flesh will spawn regardless.
When you summon it, take note of your position. The Wall of Flesh will appear in the direction of the closest world edge. (If you are east of the center, it will appear to the east, and vice-versa.)
The Wall of Flesh can be summoned and defeated multiple times in the same World.
The Wall is very large, occupying the entire screen vertically. Once spawned, it steadily sweeps across the map in a single direction, forcing the player to constantly move away for the duration of the fight, or suffer damage from contact. It sweeps faster as it dies. Keep this in mind when preparing an Arena, as the fight will take you many screens away. Any platform you build will need to be very long (ie. tile length reaching in the thousands). Water Walking Potion is of tremendous use in mitigating the Underworld's many Lava pools.
- The Wall has small mouths called The Hungry, each attached by a long vein, which move towards and damage players. As the Wall of Flesh's main body takes damage, these mouths deal more damage, and become more resistant to attacks. It is therefore advisable to take care of them first. When they've suffered enough damage, they will detach and attempt to fly into players.
- The Wall has eyes that shoot lasers. As its health decreases, the lasers increase in damage, speed, and frequency.
- The Wall spits Leeches out of its mouth, which chase players.
 The Tongue
The Tongue grabs players who wind up behind the Wall due to having stood still long enough for the Wall to pass them, as well as players who deliberately try to get behind the Wall. It also grabs players who attempt to flee from the fight. The Tongue deals significant damage.
You can attack the Wall from behind without being grabbed by The Tongue, but only if a different player has summoned the Wall while you were not present in The Underworld and then travel there to approach from behind. This can also be done if you die and then return to The Underworld before the Wall despawns. Additionally, under these conditions, you can only attack from a great distance, otherwise The Tongue will grab you.
 Death by escape
If you manage to avoid The Tongue and exit the Underworld, or run far enough while the Horrified debuff is in effect, you will die instantly, with the message “<PLAYER NAME> tried to escape”. If you use the Magic Mirror to escape, death occurs after teleportation, so this can be used as a last-ditch attempt to conserve items/money -- they will drop next to the spawn point.
 Killing it
The Wall of Flesh must be killed before it reaches the end of the map, otherwise all living players will die, and the Wall will despawn.
To destroy the Wall of Flesh, you must attack its eyes or its mouth. They all share the same life counter, so shooting at any of the three will deplete the boss' total health. The "wall" itself is transparent to weapons, and shooting the Wall of Flesh there will not deplete its health.
Unlike other bosses, this boss does not despawn if you die: it will remain alive until it reaches the other end of the map, and it is possible to go back to The Underworld after respawning to continue fighting it. Trying to summon it again before it despawns will simply destroy the Guide Voodoo Doll, and kill the new Guide if one has arrived already.
When the Wall of Flesh is killed, it leaves its drops in a floating, fully enclosed box of Demonite Bricks, so there is no danger of these drops falling into Lava. One of the drops is always the Pwnhammer, which becomes an essential tool.
After defeating the Wall for the first time, your world will enter Hardmode, and you will face tougher enemies. This will also generate two diagonal stripes of The Hallow and The Corruption in a "V" or "X" pattern that starts from the center of The Underworld all the way to the Surface (and higher, as Floating Islands in these paths will also be converted).
Note: See Hardmode for more extensive information.
- Take care to avoid accidentally having a Voodoo Demon drop its doll into Lava, as this will also summon the Wall of Flesh.
- If you have problems getting the Guide to spawn, make sure there isn't a Goblin Army invasion or Frost Legion in progress on the map. Also, it must be Day time for the Guide to respawn.
- If either of the two diagonal stripes of The Hallow or The Corruption pass through an Underground Jungle, they will not overwrite it; this can cause small Hallows or Corruptions to spawn.
- Despite being a Boss, the Wall of Flesh does not spawn the Dryad upon death. You will still have to kill one of the three other Bosses to spawn the Dryad in a new world.
- If the Wall of Flesh reaches the end of the Underworld, any players still fighting the Wall will be killed, with the unique Death message, "(PLAYER NAME) was licked."
- If the Wall of Flesh is defeated when Hardmode has already begun, and within an area sufficiently converted to Hallow or Corruption, Soul of Light or Soul of Night may be dropped, since any enemy defeated in those areas can drop them.
- Certain consumables such as Water Walking Potion, Gravitation Potion and Obsidian Skin Potion can make traversing the underworld much easier.
- The Wall of Flesh's spawn location is determined by where the Voodoo Doll was thrown in relation to the center of the world. Thus, you can get the maximum space to fight the WOF by reaching the edge of the world and throwing the doll toward that edge.
- The use of heart statues is recommended, as they provide hearts (healing 20 HP) every time they are activated.
- Preparing the Underworld for the battle is advised. Having a reasonably long straight path with no danger of getting stuck or falling can make the battle significantly easier, and can even block lasers from the lower eye if the path is at the proper height.
- Many bugs are present. In the worst case, the Wall of Flesh will give you "The Tongue" condition, rise up until it reaches of the top of the map, and there's no escape out of this. World backup is recommended.
- Using rocket boots can be very helpful, as they will allow you to fly over most obstacles that you'll encounter while trying to avoid the Wall of Flesh.
- Building a platform of Dungeon Brick, then throwing Dynamite at the Wall of Flesh, is an easy way to kill it.
- Another good strategy is to create about 1,500 Meteor Shots and use a Minishark to shoot it.
- One thing you can do is to have one player summon and fight the Wall of Flesh in the middle of the map, then have another player enter the Underworld from the other side. The player coming in from behind can attack from a distance, as being far enough won't activate the Horrified debuff or the Tongue.
- To beat the hungry quickly, use a Reforged Demon Scythe. Another useful weapon against them is a Night's Edge.
- If you have a long walkway, being in close range and shooting at the Wall of Flesh with a Harpoon (holding attack down so it auto-fires), is a rather efficient way of defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- If you're willing to spend the time and effort required to obtain it and its Fallen Star ammunition, the Star Cannon can destroy the Wall of Flesh in around 50-70 well-aimed shots.
- Inflicting multiple sections of the Wall of Flesh with the On Fire! or Cursed Inferno debuffs, using Bows or Repeaters and the appropriate Arrows, will deal damage much more quickly.
- If you have a large supply of Guide Voodoo Dolls and are comfortable fighting the Wall without potions, you can once kill the Wall of Flesh repeatedly to collect its drops, which can sell for around 20 each time.
- If you leave behind drops (e.g Stars and hearts) from the Hungry, you can repeatedly summon and kill the WoF using no potions and continue to collect the stars and hearts.
- The treasure box can intersect other blocks or treasure boxes without losing its contents.
- If you start the battle in the same place multiple times, you can leave the treasure box intact to mark your record time.
- It is possible to have the box spawn on you if you are overlapping the Wall of Flesh when you kill it.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|King Slime • Eye of Cthulhu • Eater of Worlds • Skeletron • Wall of Flesh|
The Twins • The Destroyer • Skeletron Prime • Ocram