Wall of Flesh
|Wall of Flesh|
|AI Type||Wall of Flesh Body AI|
|Max Life||8000 (shared)|
|Healing Potion (5-15 )||100%|
|Clockwork Assault Rifle||16.67%|
|Wall of Flesh Trophy||10%|
- For strategies on how to defeat the Wall of Flesh, see Guide:Wall of Flesh strategies.
The Wall of Flesh (WoF) is a Boss located in The Underworld. It spawns when a Guide Voodoo Doll is destroyed by lava in the Underworld. It is the final and most difficult Boss in regular mode. Beating it will trigger Hardmode.
The Wall is very large, occupying the entire screen vertically. Once spawned, it steadily sweeps across the map in a single direction, forcing the player to constantly move away for the duration of the fight, or suffer damage from contact. It moves faster as it gets more wounded. Keep this in mind when preparing an Arena, as the fight will take you many screens away. Any platform you build will need to be very long (ie. tile length reaching in the thousands). Water Walking Potion or Lava Waders are of tremendous use in mitigating the Underworld's many Lava pools. This boss is probably easier on hardmode.
- The Wall has small mouths called The Hungry, each attached by a long vein, which move towards and damage players. As the Wall of Flesh's main body takes damage, these mouths deal more damage, and become more resistant to attacks. It is therefore advisable to take care of them first. When they've suffered enough damage, they will detach and attempt to fly into players.
- The Wall has eyes that shoot lasers. As its health decreases, the lasers increase in damage, speed, and frequency.
- The Wall spits Leeches out of its mouth, which chase players.
 The Tongue
The Tongue grabs players who wind up behind the Wall due to having stood still long enough for the Wall to pass them, as well as players who deliberately try to get behind the Wall. It also grabs players who attempt to flee from the fight. The Tongue deals significant damage.
 Death by escape
If you manage to avoid The Tongue and exit the Underworld, or run far enough while the Horrified debuff is in effect, you will die instantly, with the message “<PLAYER NAME> tried to escape”. If you use the Magic Mirror to escape, death occurs after teleportation, so this can be used as a last-ditch attempt to conserve items/money -- they will drop next to the spawn point.
 Killing it
The Wall of Flesh must be killed before it reaches the end of the map, otherwise all living players will die, and the Wall will despawn.
To destroy the Wall of Flesh, you must attack its eyes or its mouth. They all share the same life counter, so shooting at any of the three will deplete the boss' total health. Shooting at the eyes causes the most damage. The "wall" itself is transparent to weapons, and attacking the Wall of Flesh there will not deplete its health.
When the Wall of Flesh is killed, it leaves its drops in a floating, fully enclosed box of Demonite Bricks, so there is no danger of these drops falling into Lava. One of the drops is always the Pwnhammer, which becomes an essential tool. It is possible for the Pwnhammer or other dropped items to spawn outside the enclosed box and fall into the lava.
After defeating the Wall for the first time, your world will enter Hardmode, and you will face tougher enemies. This will also generate two diagonal stripes of The Hallow and The Corruption (or The Crimson if your world generated with that instead) in a "V" or "X" pattern that starts from the center of The Underworld all the way to the Surface (and higher, as Floating Islands in these paths will also be converted).
Note: See Hardmode for more extensive information.
- Take care to avoid accidentally having a Voodoo Demon drop its doll into Lava, as this will also summon the Wall of Flesh.
- On the mobile version, killing the Wall of Flesh does not start hard mode.
- The Guide MUST be alive to have the Wall of Flesh spawn when a Guide Voodoo Doll is thrown into the lava.
- If you have problems getting the Guide to spawn, make sure there isn't a Goblin Army invasion or Frost Legion in progress on the map. Also, it must be Daytime for the Guide to respawn.
- Should you die whilst fighting the Wall of Flesh you can return to The Underworld and continue the fight, as long as the wall has not reached the end of the map yet.
- The Hungry has a resemblance to the mouth of the Wall of Flesh.
- Certain consumables and accessories such as Gravitation Potion, Obsidian Skin Potion, Rocket Boots and Lava Waders can make traversing the underworld much easier.
- The Wall of Flesh's spawn location is determined by where the Voodoo Doll was thrown in relation to the center of the world. Thus, you can get the maximum space to fight the WOF by reaching the edge of the world and throwing the doll toward that edge.
- Preparing the Underworld for the battle is advised. Having a reasonably long straight path with no danger of getting stuck or falling can make the battle significantly easier, and can even block lasers from the lower eye if the path is at the proper height.
- You may want to make a backup of your world in case one of the bugs appears or you afterwards discover that you weren't ready for hardmode yet.
- Multi-hit spells and weapons, such as Diamond Staff, Demon Scythe, and Night's Edge, help beat the hungry quickly.
- Inflicting multiple sections of the Wall of Flesh with the On Fire! or Cursed Inferno debuffs, using Bows or Repeaters and the appropriate Arrows, will deal damage much more quickly.
- Using Bombs, Dynamite, and Explosives, leveling the Underworld houses makes leveling the Underworld much easier.
- Try hitting the eyes rather than the mouth since the eyes have 0 defense.
- If you leave behind drops (e.g Stars and hearts) from the Hungry, you can repeatedly summon and kill the WoF using no potions and continue to collect the stars and hearts.
- If you start the battle in the same place multiple times, you can leave the treasure box intact to mark your record time.
|King Slime • Brain of Cthulhu • Eye of Cthulhu • Eater of Worlds • Skeletron • Queen Bee • Wall of Flesh|
The Twins • The Destroyer • Skeletron Prime • Plantera • Golem • Pumpking • Ocram