Wall of Flesh
|Wall of Flesh|
|AI Type||Wall of Flesh Body AI|
|Max Life||8000 (shared)|
|Healing Potion (5-15 )||100%|
|Clockwork Assault Rifle||16.67%|
|Wall of Flesh Mask||14.29%|
|Wall of Flesh Trophy||10%|
- For strategies on how to defeat the Wall of Flesh, see Guide:Wall of Flesh strategies.
To defeat the Wall of Flesh, you must attack its eyes or its mouth. They all share the same life counter, so shooting at any of the three will deplete the boss' total health. Shooting at the eyes causes the most damage, as they have the lowest defense. Its other body parts are transparent to weapons, so attacking those will not deplete its health.
The Wall of Flesh is summoned when a Guide Voodoo Doll is destroyed by lava in The Underworld while the Guide is alive (this must be done in The Underworld; lava in any other layer will not work). This kills the Guide and summons the boss. It can be done either by killing the Voodoo Demon that carries the Doll while it flies above a lava pool, or by picking up the dropped Doll and throwing it into the lava yourself. In the mobile version, you simply tap the Doll in your hotbar.
If the Guide is not alive when the Doll is destroyed, the Wall of Flesh will not spawn, and the Doll will be wasted. If you have already summoned the Wall of Flesh recently, make sure the Guide has respawned before attempting to summon the Wall again.
The Wall of Flesh is very large, occupying the entire screen vertically. Once spawned, it steadily sweeps across the map in a single direction, forcing the player to constantly move away for the duration of the fight while contending with the Underworld's usual hazards. The Wall moves faster as it gets more wounded. It must be killed before it reaches the end of the map, otherwise it will despawn and all living players will die (with the unique death message "<PLAYERNAME> was Licked").
Keep this behavior in mind when preparing an Arena, as the fight will take you many screens away (unless you are already using Hardmode gear). Any platform you build will need to be very long (ie. tile length reaching in the thousands). Water Walking Potion or Lava Waders are of tremendous use in mitigating the Underworld's many Lava pools.
- The Wall has small mouths called The Hungry, each attached by a long vein, which move towards and damage players. As the Wall of Flesh's main body takes damage, they deal more damage and become more resistant to attacks. When they've suffered enough damage, they detach and chase players.
- The Wall's eyes fire lasers. As its health decreases, the lasers increase in damage, speed, and frequency.
- The Wall spits Leeches from its mouth that chase players.
- The Tongue grabs players that wind up behind The Wall or attempt to flee the battle, and deals significant damage.
If you manage to flee the Underworld during the fight, you will die instantly, with the message “<PLAYER NAME> tried to escape”. This can be done using the Magic Mirror and Recall Potion, which causes death after teleportation (which can be useful as a last-ditch attempt to conserve items or money, as they will drop next to the spawn point).
When the Wall of Flesh is killed, it leaves its drops in a floating, fully enclosed box of Demonite Bricks to prevent its drops from falling into lava. One of the drops is always the Pwnhammer , which becomes an essential tool.
After defeating the Wall for the first time, your world will enter Hardmode, and will be filled with tougher enemies. This will also generate two diagonal stripes of The Hallow, and Corruption or Crimson, in a "V" or "X" pattern from the center of the Underworld all the way to the Surface (and higher, as Floating Islands in these paths will also be converted).
Note: See Hardmode for more extensive information.
- Take care to avoid accidentally letting a Voodoo Demon drop its Doll into Lava, as this will also summon the Wall of Flesh. (Except Mobile)
- If you have problems getting the Guide to spawn, make sure there isn't an Event in progress. Traveling back to your world's original spawn point can reveal an ongoing event, like a Goblin Invasion, and allow you to complete it. It also must be daytime for the Guide to respawn.
- The Wall of Flesh's sweep direction is determined by its spawn location. Spawning it anywhere left of the center of the world will cause it to sweep from left to right, while spawning it right of center will cause it to sweep right to left. Maximum fight space can be achieved by spawning it at the extreme right or left of the world.
- Target the eyes rather than the mouth, since the eyes have 0 defense.
- Certain consumables and accessories such as Gravitation Potion, Obsidian Skin Potion, Rocket Boots and Lava Waders can make traversing the underworld much easier.
- Preparing the Underworld for the battle is advised. Having a reasonably long straight path with no danger of getting stuck or falling can make the battle significantly easier, and can even block lasers from the lower eye if the path is at the proper height.
- You may want to make a backup of your world in case one of the bugs appears or you afterwards discover that you weren't ready for Hardmode yet.
- Multi-hit weapons, such as Diamond Staff, Demon Scythe, and Night's Edge, help beat the Hungry quickly.
- Inflicting multiple sections of the Wall of Flesh with the On Fire! or Cursed Inferno debuffs, using Bows or Repeaters and the appropriate Arrows, will deal damage much quicker.
- Using Bombs, Dynamite, and Explosives to destroy the Underworld houses makes leveling the Underworld much easier.
- If you're attempting to make a bridge and there's lava in the way, you can drop bombs in the lava to blow up the blocks beneath it and lower the lava level.
- A Star Cannon with about 250 Fallen Stars can easily demolish the WoF.
- The Wall of Flesh attempts to cover entire Underworld cavern space by moving its eyes up and down; it orients by existence/absence of Ash blocks 4-5 tiles above and beneath the eyes. That means making bridge out of ash will most probably keep the lower eye at constant height 4-5 blocks from the bridge.
- A Water Bolt combined with a Mana Flower can kill the WoF quickly.
- If you have them, Beenades can help immensely in killing the hungry early on in the fight. They can also be used to help kill the Wall of Flesh quickly, since the bees are very powerful in large groups.
- High-Tier pre-hardmode weapons such as Sharanga, Night's Edge, Star Cannon,and Flamerang will easily defeat the WoF. Grenades are also helpful.
- Taking a Watch with you when attempting to summon the Wall repeatedly may be beneficial. NPCs will not spawn at night, so a night-time kill of the Wall will mean you have a slight wait until the next Guide arrives.
- 1.2.3: Now has a chance to drop the Wall of Flesh Mask.
- Mobile 1.2: Now drops the pwnhammer.
- 1.2: Now has a chance to drop the Wall of Flesh Trophy.
- 1.1: Introduced.