|Damage||21 / 19 / 14 (Magic)|
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||11 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 1155|
The Wasp Gun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that fires 2-6 homing wasp projectiles that ricochet off surfaces, and the wasps home in on nearby enemies and deal damage to them. It has a 14.29% chance to be dropped by Plantera. It is essentially an upgraded Hardmode version of the Bee Gun. The wasps deal no knockback.
Its best Modifier is Demonic.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Bee Gun, The wasps will dissipate upon contact with water and lava, but not honey.
- The wasps are not affected by the Hive Pack in any way. This is most likely because they are wasps, and the Hive Pack only affects bees.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- May not be very effective against Hardmode enemies due to the low per-wasp damage and high enemy defense, even though the gun is dropped by Plantera. This can be especially apparent when attempting to trigger the Spectre armor set bonus, which requires a minimum 5 damage per hit to activate.
- Because of that (and the fact that the wasps pierce, triggering enemy invincibility) it's useful to not spawn too many of them and switch to a different weapon after casting some.
- This Wasp Gun is great for farming money with the Lucky Coin during Pirate's Invasions. Just stay out of reach up in the sky and fire at the masses below. Periodically fly down to collect the coins before they hit the 400-loose-item limit. (This is the Hardmode upgrade to using the Bee Gun for farming money with the Lucky Coin during Goblin invasions.)