|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
- See also: Water (Crafting Station).
Water is an abundant blue liquid. It is found in nearly any biome in pools of various sizes, and forms the large Oceans on either side of a map. It is less abundant in Deserts, and absent in The Underworld (where it disappears if made to flow there). Water flows more freely than Lava and Honey. Each biome has its own unique water color (these colors can be changed, with the Water Fountains sold by the Witch Doctor once he spawns in your world , or after Plantera is defeated ). Water is only found above a certain depth, beneath which Lava pools tend to appear instead.
Upon submersion, a player's breath meter will display, indicating their remaining breathing time before drowning damage will be incurred. The point where a player is considered submerged for purposes of the breath meter is one pixel above the eyes.
If the player's feet are in at least one tile of water, movement is hindered noticeably. Certain accessories or potions can boost player movement through liquids, enable swimming, or even allow walking along its surface. Players cannot swim by default.
Contents[edit | edit source]
| Normal Enemies:
In the Ocean:
| Addition during a Blood Moon:
| From Goldfish:
From Sea Snails:
Items interacting with water[edit | edit source]
- Flippers allow the player to swim upward by jumping repeatedly from any point within the water.
- Gills Potion allows the player to breathe underwater.
- Breathing Reed allows the player to breathe while in shallow water and also increases the breath meter.
- Diving Helmet increases the breath meter.
- Diving Gear increases breath meter and allows swimming.
- Neptune's Shell allows the player to breathe underwater and allows swimming.
- Water Walking Potion, Lava Waders, Obsidian Water Walking Boots and Water Walking Boots allow the player to walk on the surface of water.
- Pumps and Buckets can move water.
- Flipper Potion and Fishron Wings allow the player to move at normal speed in water.
- Jellyfish Necklace, Jellyfish Diving Gear, and Arctic Diving Gear emit light when in water.
Colliding liquids[edit | edit source]
These blocks are created when water meets other liquids.
|Item||When combined with|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Underground pools of water may sometimes be spotted via the glowing Jellyfish that spawn there.
- The game occasionally has difficulty leveling out large volumes of liquid that flowed into a new space. Exiting and reloading the world, or relocating the liquid elsewhere, can sometimes remedy the problem.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: In Expert Mode, water in snow biome give the player chilled debuff.
- 1.2.4: Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.
- When water touches a half block, it will create a waterfall. Water can also change colors depending what biome it is in, or if it's a Blood Moon.
- 1.1: Water is in a secondary 'layer' behind the placed blocks, therefore can no longer be removed by placing blocks on it. "Blocked" liquids disappear only after restart of world.
|Honey • Lava • Water|