|Use time||16 (very fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a slow moving bolt of water|
The Water Bolt is a Magic Weapon that auto-fires a slow blue ricocheting water-ball that travels in straight lines, emits a dim light, is unaffected by gravity, and pierces multiple enemies. The projectile can last up to 30 seconds, but will die when it ricochets 5 times or damages 10 enemies. The Water Bolt is uniquely found only in Dungeons, hidden as one of the many books on the shelves within, and cannot be crafted, purchased, or found in Chests.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The durability of the Water Bolt projectile, combined with its ability to ricochet and hit multiple foes, makes it very suitable for fighting enemies in flat valleys and straight passageways. It also has a low enough velocity for it to hit the same enemy more than once, not factoring in bouncing.
- It is very useful within the walls of the Dungeon in pre-Hardmode as the bolts ricochet to hit the targets multiple times, especially spawns that appear around a bend. Monsters in Dungeon also drop mana stars.
- It can also be used to detect Floating Islands, although Meteor Shots are preferable due to their higher speed.
- When the projectile finally dissipates, the glowing embers it releases will fall through solid blocks and momentarily illuminate the area below.
- Because of the Water Bolt's ricochet on walls and ability to pass through enemies, it is great for use against bosses or large groups of enemies when in small spaces, or in open fields.
- The relatively high knockback on a piercing ability make it extremely useful in situations where you will be facing multiple melee enemies, such as Goblin Armies or Blood Moons. By waiting for a half second after each shot, the relatively low mana cost can be easily recovered between shots, and the enemies will keep bouncing off the knockback, especially if you have a high-knockback modifier.
- If you can manage to get to the dungeon, the water bolt may be on the upper level of the dungeon before the dungeon guardian spawns, and the ability of getting this so early on makes the gem staffs not needed and obsolete.
- The water bolt can be utilized in speedruns for the easy finding of Floating Islands.
- Also look like normal books until broken.
- Projectile sprite changed.
- Base mana cost reduced from 14 to 10.
- Number of bounces reduced to 5.
- 1.1.1: Now can be reforged.
- 1.1: Sell cost added.
- Makes a new sound when used.
- Damage increased from 15 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 20 to 14.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.