|Use time||16 (very fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a slow moving bolt of water|
The Water Bolt is a Magic Weapon that auto-fires a slow blue ricocheting water-ball that travels in straight lines, emits a dim light, is unaffected by gravity, and pierces multiple enemies. The projectile can last up to 30 seconds, but will die when it ricochets 5 times or damages 10 enemies. The Water Bolt is uniquely found only in Dungeons, hidden as one of the many books on the shelves within, and cannot be crafted, purchased, or found in Chests.
The best Modifier a Water Bolt can acquire is Mythical.
- The durability of the Water Bolt projectile, combined with its ability to ricochet and hit multiple foes, makes it very suitable to fighting enemies in flat valleys and straight passageways.
- It can also be used to detect Floating Islands, although Meteor Shots are preferable due to their higher speed.
- When the projectile finally dissipates, the glowing embers it releases will fall through solid blocks and momentarily illuminate the area below.
- Because of the Water Bolt's ricochet on walls and ability to pass through enemies, it is great for use against bosses or large groups of enemies when in small spaces, or in open fields.
- The relatively high knockback on a piercing ability make it extremely useful in situations where you will be facing multiple melee enemies, such as Goblin Armies or Blood Moons. By waiting for a half second after each shot, the relatively low mana cost can be easily recovered between shots, and the enemies will keep bouncing off the knockback, especially if you have a high-knockback modifier.
- Even though the Water Bolt is a nonhardmode weapon, it works extremely well with Spectre armor. It is possible to kill any of the bosses of the game using this combo, including the hardmode bosses.
- Projectile sprite changed.
- Base mana cost reduced from 14 to 10.
- Number of bounces reduced to 5.
- 1.1.1: Now can be reforged.
- 1.1: Sell cost added.
- Makes a new sound when used.
- Damage increased from 15 to 17.
- Mana to cast reduced from 20 to 14.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Other Weapons|
|Direct Attack||Gem Staves||Amethyst Staff • Topaz Staff • Sapphire Staff • Emerald Staff • Ruby Staff • Diamond Staff|
|Aqua Scepter • Space Gun • Water Bolt • Ice Rod • Crystal Storm • Golden Shower • Book of Skulls • Laser Rifle • Magical Harp • Magic Dagger • Leaf Blower • Frost Staff • Poison Staff • Razorpine • Heat Ray • Shadowbeam Staff • Blizzard Staff • Venom Staff • Unholy Trident|
|Area Effect Attack||Vilethorn • Nettle Burst • Crimson Rod • Nimbus Rod • Demon Scythe • Staff of Earth • Magnet Sphere • Rainbow Gun • Inferno Fork|
|Homing Attack||Bee Gun • Wasp Gun • Bat Scepter • Spectre Staff|
|Bouncing Attack||Cursed Flames • Flower of Fire • Flower of Frost|
|Controlled Attack||Magic Missile • Flamelash • Rainbow Rod|
|Minion Attack||Slime Staff • Pygmy Staff • Raven Staff • Staff of the Frost Hydra|