|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Tooltip||Holding this may attract unwanted attention|
- For the debuff see Water Candle (debuff).
The Water Candle is an item that can be used to attract enemies when held or placed. When placed, it can give the debuff Water Candle (debuff) when close enough. It can not be crafted, and can only be found in the shelves in the Dungeons, which tend to contain at least a dozen.
Holding a Water Candle in the player's hand will increase all enemy spawn rates by 33%, and increase the maximum number of simultaneous on-screen enemies by 50%. Note that it must be held, simply being somewhere in the inventory will not suffice. Being within range of a placed water candle will also increase the spawn rate and maximum number of enemies by an equal amount. Multiple placed candles do not stack, but the bonuses from holding and placing a candle do.
The Water Candle can only be placed on platforms, work benches, and tables. They will provide less light than an ordinary Candle, and cannot be wired to be turned off.
- The Water Candle can be placed underwater.
- The Water Candle will not give off light underwater if held in one's hand.
- While standing in water, even though the candle will not appear in your hand when selected as your active item, it will still increase enemy spawn rates.
- The Water Candle's effects stack with those of the Battle Potion and the Blood Moon.
- While The Water Candle does not cause the Water Candle debuff while held in a player's hand, it does still increase enemy spawn rates.
- If found in the dungeon, it is suggested that you grab them to minimize enemy spawn rate.