- This article is about the Werewolf enemy. For the buff of the same name, see Werewolf (buff).
The Werewolf is a Hardmode enemy that spawns only during a full moon, during which they are as common as Zombies. Werewolves can open doors, and can inflict the Bleeding debuff.
At close range, Werewolves attack the player by leaping or lunging at them, closing distances quickly to catch unwary players off-guard.
The player can transform into a Werewolf by wearing the Moon Charm at night, which has a 1 in 60 chance of dropping.
- The nights on which Werewolves will spawn can be tracked through the items that certain NPCs sell, as the Painter sells paintings based on the moon phase, and the Clothier will sell unique items specifically during a full moon. In the PC version, the inventories of the Dye Trader and Skeleton Merchant will also have unique items, though a Sextant or derived informational item provides this same information much more directly.
- In common lore, the main weakness of werewolves is silver (e.g., silver bullets), but silver items in Terraria offer no particular benefit in dealing with them.
- 126.96.36.199: Health reduced from 400 to 350, defense reduced from 40 to 38.
- 188.8.131.52: Now has a chance to drop Werewolf Banner.
- 1.2: Now has a chance to drop Adhesive Bandage.
- 1.1: Introduced.