- This article is about the Werewolf enemy. For the buff of the same name, see Werewolf (buff).
At close range, Werewolves attack the player by leaping or lunging at them, closing distances quickly to catch unwary players off-guard.
The player can transform into a Werewolf by wearing the Moon Charm at night, which has a 1 in 60 chance of dropping.
- If a full moon appears during a blood moon, werewolves will spawn almost constantly and you will almost be guaranteed to acquire the very rare moon charm.
- If you're looking to hunt werewolves, you can keep track of the phase of the moon via which paintings the painter is selling.
- In common lore, the main weakness of werewolves is silver (i.e. silver bullets), but silver items in Terraria offer no particular benefit in dealing with them. Ironically, werewolves in Terraria also drop silver coins.
- 220.127.116.11: Now has a chance to drop Werewolf Banner.
- 1.2: Now has a chance to drop Adhesive Bandage.
- 1.1: Introduced.