Wisp in a Bottle
|Wisp in a Bottle|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a Wisp to provide light|
|Buff tooltip||A wisp is following you|
|Internal Item ID: 1183|
|Internal Buff ID: 57|
|Summons Light Pet|
The Wisp in a Bottle is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Light Pet item used to summon a light-providing "wisp" that follows the player. The Wisp is brighter and keeps better pace with the player than other Light Pets, moving in accordance with the direction keys the player is pressing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Grappling a block will allow you to direct the Wisp without moving your character.
- Applying Shadow Dye to the Wisp will render it nearly invisible while still providing light, should players wish for such a thing for cosmetic reasons. Some other dyes can achieve this effect as well, although to a lesser degree.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the Wisp's active movement can be convenient for seeing ahead, this can also be a shortcoming compared to other lighting aids. The Wisp will often remain deep within the blocks ahead, causing the immediate area around your character to remain dark.
- When the player is far ahead, the Wisp will spin to catch up to the player, giving off less light.
- On the Mobile version the Wisp can move much farther away from the player.
- On both Mobile version and Console version the wisp can also be controlled with the right thumbstick/slider.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wisp refers to Will-o'-the-wisps, mythological ghost lights reported to lead travelers to their death in swamps. Scientific attempts to explain reports of their appearance include fireflies and swamp gas.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed bug where you could have Fairy Bell and other light up pets simultaneously.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where the wisp spazzes in water.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Usual Tools • Grappling Hooks • Summoning Tools • Other Tools Tools: |