Wisp in a Bottle
|Wisp in a Bottle|
|Type||Potion – Light Source|
|Tooltip||Summons a Wisp to provide light|
The Wisp in a Bottle is a post-Plantera Hardmode item used to summon a light-providing "wisp" that follows the player. It serves the same purpose as the Shadow Orb or the Fairy Bell, but the Wisp keeps pace with the player and actually moves ahead in accordance with the direction keys the player is pressing. The Wisp in a Bottle is a rare drop from Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Rusty Armored Bones (0.17% or about 1/600 chance).
It cannot be used together with the Shadow Orb or the Fairy Bell, and summoning either will dismiss the other. It cannot be Reforged.
- Though the Wisp's active movement can be convenient for seeing ahead, this can also be a shortcoming compared to other lighting aids in some situations. During mining in particular, the Wisp will often stay relatively deep within the blocks ahead, causing your character, mining tool, and the blocks currently being mined to all remain dark. This effectively prevents you from seeing what you're doing. A solution may be to additionally bring the Fairy Bell and/or Mining Helmet, and swap/equip it depending on the situation.
- Using Wings or jumping will not direct the Wisp upward, and falling will not direct it downward. You must press the up (W) or down (S) keys.
- Grappling a block will allow you to direct the Wisp without moving your character.
- The Wisp has two movement states with different sprites. One is for slow player movement, and the other is activated to catch up and keep pace while flying, falling, or during accessory-aided running. The face in the Wisp rotates on its axis in the second state, and gives off less light.
- Wisp may refer to Will-o'-the-wisps, mythological creatures that lead travelers to their death in swamps.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed bug where you could have Fairy Bell and other light pets up simultaneously.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where the wisp spazzes in water.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Usual Tools • Grappling Hooks • Summoning Tools • Other Tools Tools: |
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|