Wisp in a Bottle
|Wisp in a Bottle|
|Type||Summon – Light Source|
|Tooltip||Summons a Wisp to provide light|
|Buff tooltip||A wisp is following you|
|Internal Item ID: 1183|
The Wisp in a Bottle is a post-Plantera Hardmode item used to summon a light-providing "wisp" that follows the player. It serves the same purpose as the Shadow Orb or the Fairy Bell, but the Wisp is brighter and keeps better pace with the player, actually moving ahead in accordance with the direction keys the player is pressing. The Wisp in a Bottle is a rare drop from Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Rusty Armored Bones (0.17% or about 1/600 chance).
It cannot be used together with the Shadow Orb or the Fairy Bell, and summoning either will dismiss the other. It cannot be Reforged.
- Though the Wisp's active movement can be convenient for seeing ahead, this can also be a shortcoming compared to other lighting aids. The Wisp will often remain deep within the blocks ahead, causing the immediate area around your character to remain dark.
- Using ↷ Jump will not direct the Wisp upward, and falling will not direct it downward. You must use the ▲ Up or ▼ Down keys.
- Grappling a block will allow you to direct the Wisp without moving your character.
- When the wisp is far away, it will spin to catch up to the player, giving off less light.
- On the Mobile version the wisp can move much farther away from the player.
- On the Mobile version and Console version the wisp can also be controlled with the right thumbstick/slider.
- Wisp may refer to Will-o'-the-wisps, mythological creatures that lead travelers to their death in swamps.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed bug where you could have Fairy Bell and other light up pets simultaneously.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where the wisp spazzes in water.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Usual Tools • Grappling Hooks • Summoning Tools • Other Tools Tools: |
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|