| Witch Doctor
| AI Type
| Max Life
| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
| This is a town NPC. You may need a home in order for it to appear.
The Witch Doctor is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the Queen Bee has been defeated and an empty House is available.
In order to purchase some of his items his house must be in a Jungle Biome. Alternately, you can create an artificial Jungle Biome. Lining the floor and roof of a fairly spacious room with mud blocks and Jungle Grass Seeds, then letting vines and grass grow can achieve this fairly easily.
 Items sold
Once the Witch Doctor has moved into a house, he will sell the following:
The Witch Doctor does not always update his inventory properly in multiplayer. To fix this you need only load the world once in single player after all conditions have been met.
- "Which doctor am I? The Witch Doctor am I."
- "Choose wisely, [Name of Character], my commodities are volatile and my dark arts, mysterious."
- "[Name of Nurse] may help heal your body, but I can make you embody healing." (Only if Nurse is present)
- "The heart of magic is nature. The nature of hearts is magic."
The Witch Doctor may have any of the following names:
| Bug :
It appears that any bug having to do with the Queen Bee may preclude this NPC from spawning, even if the boss is defeated multiple times after the first battle.
- Lihzhard blocks will also count towards a Jungle biome, but won't spawn Jungle hostiles.
- A house counts as within a Jungle biome if the background changes to the Jungle-themed background while in the housing, or Jungle-themed music starts to play.
- The Witch Doctor appears to have green skin and a tail, so it is possible that he's a Lihzahrd.
- One of the quotes relates to the song, witch doctor.
- 220.127.116.11: Witch Doctor now correctly sells cauldrons during Halloween.
- 1.2: Introduced.