This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Witch Doctor is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the Queen Bee has been defeated and when there is a empty House available.
On the Desktop version, the Witch Doctor will shoot poison darts to nearby enemies with a Blowgun to defend himself.
- "Which doctor am I? The Witch Doctor am I."
- "Choose wisely, [Name of Character], my commodities are volatile and my dark arts, mysterious."
- "The heart of magic is nature. The nature of hearts is magic."
When Nurse is present:
- "[Name of Nurse] may help heal your body, but I can make you embody healing."
During a Party
- "I wanted to see how your kind celebrate, I am not disappointed"
After defeating Tier 1 of the Old One's Army:
- "I sense a kindred spirit in the Etherian Dark Mages. A pity they are our enemies, I would have liked to learn from them."
The Witch Doctor may have any of the following names:
- Players do not need to move the Witch Doctor to the Jungle biome, placing 80 Jungle blocks (Jungle Grass Seed on Mud) near his house will change the Biome and allow you to buy from his Jungle specific inventory.
- Players can also summon the Witch Doctor to the Jungle using the King Statue to gain access to his special buys.
- Lihzahrd blocks will also count towards a Jungle biome, but won't spawn Jungle hostiles.
- A house counts as within a Jungle biome if the background changes to the Jungle-themed background while in the housing, or Jungle-themed music starts to play.
- The Witch Doctor is a Lihzahrd, as can be seen by his green skin and tail. This is especially evident by his party quote, "I wanted to see how your kind celebrate". This was confirmed by Leinfors on the Terraria forums.
- 126.96.36.199: Now sells the Bewitching Table, Fountains now cost 4 gold to buy.
- 188.8.131.52: Witch Doctor now correctly sells cauldrons during Halloween.
- 1.2: Introduced.