The Witch Doctor is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
In order to purchase some of his items his house must be in a Jungle Biome. Alternately, you can create an artificial Jungle Biome. Lining the floor and roof of a fairly spacious room with mud blocks and Jungle Grass Seeds, then letting vines and grass grow can achieve this fairly easily.
 Items sold
Once the Witch Doctor has moved into a house, he will sell the following:
|Imbuing Station||7||Always available.|
|Tiki Mask||50||Pygmy Staff in inventory and having defeated Plantera.|
|Tiki Shirt||50||Pygmy Staff in inventory and having defeated Plantera.|
|Tiki Pants||50||Pygmy Staff in inventory and having defeated Plantera.|
|Pygmy Necklace||40||Same requirements as Tiki Armor, during night only.|
|Hercules Beetle||40||Same requirements as Tiki Armor and living in Jungle biome.|
|Vial of Venom||10||After defeating Plantera.|
|Tiki Totem||2||When moved to the Hardmode Jungle biome.|
|Leaf Wings||1||When moved to the Hardmode Jungle biome, during night only.|
|Stynger Bolt||75||When player has a Stynger.|
|Pure Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Desert Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Jungle Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Icy Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Corrupt Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Crimson Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Hallowed Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Blood Water Fountain||No value||After defeating Plantera.|
|Cauldron||1 50||During Halloween.|
- "Which doctor am I? The Witch Doctor am I." (Possibly a reference to Doctor Who, but more likely referencing "Who's on First" scenarios)
- "Choose wisely,[Name of Character], my commodities are volatile and my dark arts, mysterious."
- "[Name of Nurse] may heal your body, but I can make you embody healing." (Only if Nurse is present)
- "The heart of magic is nature. The nature of hearts is magic."
The Witch Doctor may have any of the following names: Abibe, U'wa, Kogi-ghi, Xirigua, Zop'a, Opuni, Jumandi, Gboto, Konah, Tairona.
- The name "Jumandi" may be a reference to "Jumanji", a book that was later remade as an action movie.
- Lihzhard blocks will also count towards a Jungle biome, but won't spawn Jungle hostiles.
- A house counts as within a Jungle biome if the background changes to the Jungle-themed background while in the housing.
- The Witch Doctor appears to have green skin and a tail, so it is possible that he's a Lihzahrd.
|Guide • Merchant • Dye Trader • Nurse • Dryad • Painter • Arms Dealer |
Demolitionist • Clothier • Party Girl • Mechanic • Goblin Tinkerer • Witch Doctor
Hardmode (Wizard • Pirate • Steampunker • Truffle • Cyborg)