|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 3 high|
|Sell|| 40 |
2 Golden Door
|Internal Item ID: 25|
|Internal Tile ID: 10-11|
Doors are furniture items that prevent enemies from entering an area when closed. Players can open them by right-clicking. Doors can be placed in any space so long as it is exactly three blocks high, with ceiling and floor blocks.
Friendly NPCs will open and close doors as they wander about. Enemy NPCs will not open doors, except for Skeletons, Undead Miners, Goblins, Angry Bones, Face Monsters, and Possessed Armor. Zombies can also open doors, but only during a Blood Moon, and Goblin Peons can break down doors, as if they were removed by a player. can open doors whether or not a Blood Moon is present.
Doors can also be opened and closed via Wires. If you put wire on one of the door's closed-state squares, then wiring will toggle the door's closed/open state upon activation, but if you put wires on the side squares, where the door opens, then wiring will only close the door.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Noncraftable Doors[edit | edit source]
|Dungeon Door||Found in the Dungeon.|
|Blue Dungeon Door||Found in the Dungeon.|
|Green Dungeon Door||Found in the Dungeon.|
|Pink Dungeon Door||Found in the Dungeon.|
|Obsidian Door||Found in Ruined houses, does not disappear in lava.|
|Golden Door||Dropped by Pirates.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Doors open to the left or right based on which direction you face, rather than the direction you are coming from. For example, if a player stands to the left of a door and faces left, the door will open toward the player - to the left. If the player doesn't move and then turns to the right and opens the door, it will now open to the right.
- Putting a platform or furniture (such as a torch or even a second door) on one side of the door prevents it from being opened in that direction. This is useful to keep houses safe from Zombies during the Blood Moon or most Goblins, as they'll always attempt to open the doors inward, while still allowing NPCs to go in and out as they please.
- Doors can also hold back water.
- Doors (except for Obsidian Doors) will break automatically if exposed to lava while open, but will hold back lava like water while closed.
- Digging a 2*2 block deep hole in front of a door will prevent goblins and zombies from attacking it.
- Dimensions for doors are 2*3 when open, otherwise they are 1*3.
- Doors can fling players a few blocks by grappling to them and opening it while still attached.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Marble Door added.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed the bug where the wiring system was not activating Doors, Music Boxes and Fountains properly.
- 1.2.4: Palm Wood, Boreal Wood and Slime Doors added.
- 1.2.3: Frozen Door introduced, Changed crafting station for most doors.
- 1.2.2: Pine Door introduced.
- 184.108.40.206: Actuators no longer work on doors.
- 1.2.1: Pumpkin Door and Spooky Door introduced.
- 220.127.116.11: Steampunk Door, Glass Door, Honey Door and Golden Door introduced.
- 18.104.22.168: Opening doors will no longer cause a room to be unsuitable.
- 1.2: Many new variations introduced.
- 1.0.6: Wooden Door now has a new appearance.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.