| Work Bench
|| 2 wide ˣ 1 high
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Used for basic crafting
| Internal Item ID: 18
The Work Bench is a crafting station required to craft many essential early-game items. It is also one possible way to fulfill a House's flat surface item requirement. Bottles, Pink Vases, and Mugs can be placed on it, allowing it to function as an Alchemy Station. It is the first crafting station the player can make in the game, and one of the first items overall.
There are many variations on the Work Bench, all of which are exactly the same except for appearance. Most of these can be crafted, but some must be picked up from areas such as the Dungeon.
Noncraftable Work Benches
Used to craft
- 1.2.4: Palm Wood, Boreal Wood, Skyware, Glass and Living Wood Work Benches added.
- Mushroom and Slime Work Bench sprites are updated.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed bug where Steampunk Work Bench was not craftable.
- 1.2.3: Added Dynasty, Honey, Frozen and Steampunk variants.
- 1.2.1: Added Pumpkin and Spooky variants.
- 1.2: New sprite, now can be destroyed with a pickaxe, added Rich Mahogany, Cactus, Mushroom, Pearlwood, Ebonwood, Shadewood, Flesh, Bone, Slime, Gothic, Blue Dungeon, Green Dungeon, Pink Dungeon, Obsidian and Lihzahrd variants.
- 18.104.22.168: No longer crafts the Bed, Bookcase, Bench, Loom, Dresser, Keg, Barrel, or Piano; those items now crafted using the Sawmill.
- 1.0.6: New sprite.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.