- This article is about the critter. For worm-type enemies, see Worm AI.
The Worm is a Critter that spawns underground, or on the surface during rain. Worms also have a chance to spawn on the surface when the player breaks stone or dirt piles, or grass, which causes them to fly out. Breaking larger rocks in the background has a high possibility of releasing worms.
They can be caught with a Bug Net and used as Bait for Fishing, and have 25% bait power. Like most Critters, they can also be released or crafted into a Worm Cage to be used as furniture.
Worms (and their golden counterparts) will become stuck in 1-tile holes in the ground, which can allow for easy collection during rains.
- On the surface, Worms have a 1/400 (0.25%) chance of dropping from short grass, 1/200 (0.5%) chance from tall grass, and 1/6 chance (16.7%) chance from dirt piles. These values are taken from the game code.
- In-game testing seems to demonstrate a general drop rate from any ambient surface grass or plant type (short, tall, pink flower, blue flower, sprite with 1 piece of grass, sprite with 2, etc.) as 4.6%, regardless of time of day.
- 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Worm Statues.
- 184.108.40.206: Can now be used to craft Enchanted Nightcrawlers.
- 1.2.4: Can now be used as Bait. Worms now spawn when breaking rock and dirt piles.
- 1.2.3: Introduced.