The Zapinator is a weapon that is currently only available on the 3DS version. It resembles an NES-era light gun and shoots very rapidly, dealing 50 damage per hit - around 500 damage per second. It can be obtained by defeating Plantera, although its exact drop rate is unknown.
Its best Modifier is Godly. Because the weapon already has a low Mana cost, it is unable to receive any modifiers that can lower its Mana cost any further.
- In terms of damage per hit, most Hardmode weapons do more damage.
- The Zapinator's name and sprite resemble the Nintendo Zapper; A light gun peripheral accessory released with the NES.
- The Zapinator's projectile ID was 20 (the projectile fired by the Space Gun.)
- Before 3DS update 1.0.1, the Zapinator's name was displayed as "ITEMNAME".
- The Zapinator was originally released on the Desktop version, but was taken out in a subsequent update.
- This was a weapon that Terraria's creators used during testing without worrying about enemies.