The Zapinator is a Hardmode magic weapon that is only available on the version. It resembles an NES-era light gun and shoots very rapidly, dealing 50 damage per hit - around 500 damage per second. It can be obtained by defeating Plantera, it's drop rate is around 1:25 chance. Although it is unknown what it is exactly.
Its best Modifier is Masterful (benefiting from reduced mana cost) or Godly (benefiting from increased crit chance and knockback).
- In terms of damage per hit, most Hardmode weapons do more damage.
- The Zapinator's name and sprite resemble the Nintendo Zapper; A light gun peripheral accessory released with the NES. This could explain why the Zapinator was removed from Terraria, as it would cause legal problems between the development crew of Terraria & Nintendo.
- The Zapinator was used by the developers in the PC version to test certain content prior to the release, for example to kill enemies instantly so they won't be interrupted testing something.
- The Zapinator's projectile ID is 20 (the projectile fired by the Space Gun.)
- Before 3DS update 1.0.1, the Zapinator's name was displayed as "ITEMNAME".
- The Zapinator was originally released on the Desktop version, but was taken out in a subsequent update.