|Release date||June 10, 2011|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • All patches|
New additions[edit | edit source]
New items[edit | edit source]
- Archaeologist's suit
- Black Dye
- Bunny Hood
- Fish Bowl
- Gold Crown
- Green Dye
- Hero's set
- Ninja set
- Plumber's set
- Red Hat
- Robot Hat
- Summer Hat
- Tuxedo set
New enemies[edit | edit source]
- Cave Bat
- Corrupt Bunny
- Corrupt Goldfish
- Dr. Bones
- Jungle Bat
- Jungle Slime
- The Groom
New Boss[edit | edit source]
New NPCs[edit | edit source]
New feature[edit | edit source]
- Social Slots - any equippable items (Armor or Vanity Items) can be placed in Social Slots to change your character's appearance without altering any set bonuses or stat gains.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- You can now wear the Jungle Rose in your hair.
- Some items that were missing ‘lore text’ in their tool-tips now have them. (Breathing Reed, Grappling Hook, Jungle Rose.)
- Ammo items are now listed as Ammo in their tool-tip and Equipable Items that offer no stat bonus list as Vanity Items in their tool-tip. Items used in any recipe now list as Materials, in their tool-tip.
- The Wizard Hat now offers 2 Defense to its wearer.
- Empty Buckets now offer 1 Defense to its wearer.
- Dungeon Bricks now require at least a Nightmare Pick to mine, unless they are near the spawn location, where they can be mined by any pick.
- Phoenix Blaster has had a reduction of stats to balance better with other items of its tier.
- Gems, Mushrooms and Bottle sell values have been reduced.
- Hellforges above the rock layer can be moved with any Hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
- Angel Statues are now more rare of a find.
- The Eater of Worlds now has higher health, defense and damage, making fighting him more difficult.
- Hornets no longer appear as if they are about to flip over while flying.
- The Dead Miner is now a bit stronger.
- Tim's spawn chance has been reduced.
- Players now have 1 second of invulnerability after they spawn.
- Surface Jungles are now possible on mud that is on the surface. Jungle trees will auto-grow on their own, as acorns are not usable on the jungle grass.
- Chasms are now less frequent to appear, but always have an orb.
- Mud now ‘blends’ graphically with dirt, rather than stone to add for a more crisp look in Jungles.
- Jungle plants now grow underwater.
- Increased client side security.
- Players with a name over 20 characters will now get booted from the server.
- Added some minor anti-grief protection.
- Added the -host command line parameter to the client.
- Improved server timing, which should help reduce lag.
- Added several new command line and config options. These are listed in serverconfig.txt
- Servers will now output to crashlog.txt before crashing, allowing for more specific bug reporting.
- Clients will now output to client-crashlog.txt before crashing, allowing for more specific bug reporting.
- Screen resolutions now have limits of 800x600 minimum and 1920x1200 maximum.
- Added an option that will pause the game while talking to an NPC or opening your inventory in single player. It defaults to off.
- Added an option to automatically save the world every 10 minutes. Defaults to on.
- Added a prompt to load a world backup if the current world is corrupt.
- Added a check to determine if a world file was loaded successfully.
- Attempting to Launch the game from the Terraria.exe, will now inform you to launch via Steam rather then doing nothing at all with no indication of why. This is most likely to prevent piracy.
- Backing out of the port selection screen now plays the correct sound.
- Setting options now correctly align with the center of the screen in all resolutions.
- The settings menu has been reorganized. All video related options have their own menu
- The “Tink” sound now has a more dull sound.
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- The eat/drink animation now plays correctly.
- The Re-Logic splash screen, now scales correctly in other resolutions.
- Selecting summon items will no longer cause monsters to summon.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the client to attempt to summon an NPC during a multiplayer game and crash.
- Enemy spawn distance has been pushed back to the maximum resolution to ensure that they will never spawn on the screen.
- Enemy spawn rates have been adjusted to account for the increased spawn distance.
- Enemy projectiles no longer drop hearts or stars when killed by the player.
- The Water Candle's enemy spawn rate increase effect now works correctly when held.
New bugs[edit | edit source]
- If the player has the Robe equipped and uses a weapon while jumping, the player's legs will appear to jut out from the sides of the robe.
- The Grooms never spawn. This also means there is no legitimate way to obtain Top Hats.
References[edit | edit source]