|Release date||May 8th, 2014|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • Patches category|
Version 1.2.4 introduced fishing, including Fishing Poles, bait, fish, various crates, tools, weapons, accessories, and junk that can be "caught", the Angler NPC, various fishing gear, fishing quests, and fishing quest rewards. Also, a new boss Duke Fishron and some Pixel Piracy crossover content.
Features and Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- You can now get quests from the Angler NPC for rewards. Each time you complete a quest, the rewards progressively get better. Quests include catching rare kinds of fish, ranging from places such as floating islands to the Underworld and more.
- You can now use critters as bait for fishing. Most insects such as butterflies, worms, snails, grasshoppers and fireflies work.
- You can now ride around in style on the new Minecart system.
- Beaches no longer feel so empty. New Palm trees, scattered shells and starfish, and a sleeping NPC!
- Truffle Worms now spawn in hardmode Mushroom biomes.
- New Boss - Duke Fishron: Summoned using a Truffle Worm in the ocean.
- You can now place weapons and tools on the craftable Weapon Rack. (Thank you Goryō for your suggestion!)
- Added Smart Cursor. This can be toggled using control and has an interface option. Smart Cursor makes digging, chopping, placing, and breaking much faster and easier.
- You can now craft stone letters and numbers with a Heavy Workbench.
- Lihzahrd Power Cells drop more commonly from enemies in the temple.
- Rain is now red during a Blood Moon.
- Updated Gemspark Tiles to make the inner border complete.
- You can now place coins to create Coin Piles. (Thanks Omnir!)
- Added several new underground cave wall graphics.
- Moss backgrounds have been updated with new textures.
- Replaced grass graphics for when they are surrounded.
- Grass is now killed when a player covers it in solid tiles.
- You can now find Shark Statues in worldgen, they spawn sharks when there's enough space.
- It is now much more likely that you will spawn on a flat clean surface when creating a new world.
- Added some world gen cleanup to remove small segments of floating blocks.
- Worms now spawn when breaking rock and dirt piles.
- Grasshoppers can now be found when you cut grass.
- Rainbow Bricks and Brick Walls now go through the entire spectrum.
- Hives are now more common.
- The Abeemination no longer requires Obsidian, Crisp Honey, or a Demon Altar to be crafted.
Pixel Piracy Crossover Content[edit | edit source]
- Falcon Blade.
- Pirate Minions.
- Placeable Sail “wall” sold by the Pirate NPC.
- Placeable Pixel Piracy Painting.
- Ginger Beard vanity item.
Items[edit | edit source]
- There are now 22 new potions you can craft from Fishing and/or Shiverthorn related materials.
- There are now 5 new Mounts to help you traverse the terrain.
- There are several new Pets including the Mini Minotaur (Thank you Tobuscus)
- You can now craft couches out of Silk+material. (Thank you Eikester for the 20 you contributed)
- Dressers and Pianos have all been given custom graphics. (Thank you Eikester)
- You can now craft Grandfather Clocks out of more materials.
- Over 100 new Furniture items have been added to complete old furniture types.
- Trees in the Ice Biome now drop Boreal Wood.
- You can now craft furniture out of Boreal Wood.
- Queen Bee, King Slime and Pirate Invasion now have larger loot tables.
- There are 6 new summoner weapons.
- There are now 2 new summoner armors.
- You can now craft Molotov Cocktails out of Silk+Ale+Torch.
- The underworld and Dungeons have more furniture from new world creation.
- You can now craft Gemspark Walls.
- You can now craft Tin Plating tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Confetti Block tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Midnight Confetti Block tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Waterfall Block tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Lavafall Block tiles and walls.
- Living Fire Blocks now drop from enemies in hardmode Hell.
- Updated Glass Wall item sprite.
- Added Fireworks Box.
- Added Firework Fountain.
New Music[edit | edit source]
- Underground Crimson
Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- Wiring system runs at least three times faster. Longer wire systems get larger gains.
- Improved multiplayer performance.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug where the last bucket of a stack wouldn't go into an available stack when used.
- Fixed bug where buckets don't stack together by themselves when dropped in the world.
- Fixed bug where Gemspark Blocks wouldn't merge well after being actuated.
- Fixed bug where "The jungle grows restless" message would appear before you have beat all 3 Mech Bosses.
- Improved readability of two of the guide's tips as per complaints.
- Fixed bug where Truffles had a hole in his shop if you didn't meet a requirement.
- Changed the Quick Heal to use the best fit healing item instead of the first.
- Fixed a bug where only one wire attached to a Lever would work when you flipped it.
- Fixed exploit where you could dupe pets with Bug Net in multiplayer.
- Fixed bug where spawn rates would increase underground when a moon event is happening.
- Fixed bug where Crimsand Blocks would attempt to enter ammo slots on pickup by themselves.
- Fixed bug where Flask of Gold would apply Ichor debuff on enemies rather than Midas debuff.
- Fixed the crash when a chest is placed above but not directly on a Boulder.
- Fixed bug where Mana Crystals wouldn't immediately fill the new Mana Star they give when used.
- Fixed bug where Well Fed granted 10% magic damage and no ranged damage by mistake (was most likely a typo, magic damage 5% twice, 1 of them near the ranged crit boost).
- Rudolph no longer flies the moment he touches down if the jump button is held.
- Fixed a bug where Rudolph could sometimes regain the ability to double jump while flying.
- Dressers, Pianos and Tables no longer emit particles when struck - you're not breaking them.
- Fixed a bug where Glass Walls were not drawing to the map properly.
- Fixed a bug where the background was showing through some Stone Slab parts.
- Fixed bugs with the sign / npc chat display again.
- Fixed bug where tile wands did not consume items if you had high tile placement speed.
- Fixed bug where breakable pots wouldn't drop life and mana when you weren't at your max if you had temporary increasers.
- Fixed bug where other player's pets would disappear after a while (in multiplayer).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Minimap to crash the game.
- Fireworks now show the wiring layout when selected.
- Fixed bug where watches show 2 ':' marks when displaying time.
- Wooden fence types now properly let the sunlight through.
- Updated graphics for Chairs and Tall Torches to fix some issues.
- Fixed a bug where bad item stack sizes could cause the game to crash when saving.
- Fixed an alignment issue with Pearlwood Chandelier.
- Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.
- Fixed bug where minions on multiplayer would disappear after a while.
- Fixed a bug where buff tooltips were staying visible on the map screen.
- Fixed the name for the Hoppin' Jack NPC.
- Fixed issue where minions would not sync upon spawning them in multiplayer.
- Fixed grammar issues with magic quiver tooltips.
- Fixed issue where Death Sickle and Vampire Knives would not animate properly on other players in multiplayer.
- Fixed issue where Scorpions worked with King Statue and Traveling Merchant did not.
- Fixed the exploit where you could have infinite Hoverboard hovering time.
- Invasion summon items will no longer be consumed if no invasion would happen using it.
- Not destroying a Shadow Orb at all will no longer block Natural Pirate invasions.
- Painted walls show up properly on the map.
- Fixed issue where holding binoculars with mouse would still move your camera, making it annoying to move them to chests and the likes.
- Fixed bug where you couldn't dye the Flying Carpet accessory.
- Fixed exploit where you could buy and sell stackable items for profit.
- Fixed bug where glass would not let sun through properly.
- Fixed bug where wings wouldn't work after getting out of water with Merman accessories equipped.
- Fixed a bug where you would die on entering a world from fall damage.
- Fixed exploit where you could duplicate buckets on Mannequins.
- Purification Powder now says 'cleanses the evil' rather than 'cleanses the corruption' (to make it crimson compatible)
- Fixed bug where magic missiles, drills and dirt rods would not function properly in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where the player would float when standing between a downwards slope and a halftile.
- Fixed bug where close dropped wires wouldn't merge with each other.
- Titan Glove and its upgrades now applies only melee knockback.