|“Wiring & Mechanics Update”|
|Release date||May 22, 2016|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • Patches category|
The 1.3.1 release, also known as the Wiring & Mechanics Update, focused largely on wiring mechanics and controller support.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Added Controller Support using Xinput.
- Added Inventory Sorting.
- Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Added smart interact, making chatting with NPCs, opening doors and using objects easier.
- Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, and Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!
- Improved Smart Cursor & made it interact with more items.
Quality of Life Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Improved Wire drawing to look less fuzzy with multiple colors on the same tile.
- Improved over 1,800 sprite graphics.
- Optimized net messages for tile entities (target dummies, item frames).
- Improved the Settings Menu and added new settings.
- Added new large gem over-head display.
- Improved melee hit detection around slopes.
- You can now use situational building accessories from your inventory and toggle their effects like info accessories.
- Info icons now have a border around them when aimed at (clarity!).
- Improved keybinding options, you can now also bind to mouse 3/4/5.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Added Logic Gates (AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, NXOR).
- Added Logic Gate Lamps (On, Off, Faulty).
- Added Logic Sensors (Day, Night, Under Player).
- Added Liquid Sensors (Water, Lava, Honey, Any).
- Added Conveyor Belts.
- Added The Grand Design.
- Added Yellow Wrench.
- Added Junction Box.
- Added Mechanical Lens.
- Added Announcement Box.
- Added Actuation Rod.
- Added Team Blocks and Team Platforms.
- Added Static Hook.
- Added Presserator.
- Added Engineering Helmet.
- Added Companion Cube.
- Added Gem Locks (7 varieties).
- Added Large Amber.
- Added Weighted Pressure Plates (4 colors).
- Added Wire Bulb.
- Added 12 new craftable critter statues.
- Added Portal Gun Station.
- Added Trapped Chests.
- Added Teal Pressure Pad.
- Added several new monster statues.
- Added Angler Tackle Bag.
- Added Geyser Trap.
- Added Bone Campfire.
- Added Ultra Bright Campfire.
- Added Multicolored Wrench.
- Modified Medusa Head. Damage increased from 28 to 45, mana cost from 8 to 10, is now a hardmode item.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Critters spawned from statues are no longer catchable.
- Highly increased Duke Fishron's "run away" distance.
- Medusa can no longer petrify players directly above her.
- Medusa is now Hardmode-only.
- Added NPC names for the Painter, Wizard, and Skeleton Merchant, based on contest results.
- You can now find Beehives in the Jungle - Not the bees!
- Lowered the volume of the Solar Eruption's use sound.
- Torches can now be put on actuated tiles.
- Slimes should no longer be able to go through 1 block high gaps.
- Target Dummies no longer benefit from lifesteal or spectre set.
- There is 1 new set of clothes for Male and Female characters.
Bugfixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed Frostbite hiding time left when wet under certain circumstances.
- Fixed Desert Spirit hitbox to match sprite size.
- Fixed NPCs not recognizing kills / interactions properly if they have multiple segments.
- Fixed music boxes not emitting music notes while open.
- Fixed Flesh Grass spreading under Sunflowers.
- Fixed Tally Counter not showing information for enemies hit with mounts or special attacks.
- Fixed player leg skin colors mismatching the rest of the body when in stealth.
- Fixed Seedler not dropping from Boss Bags.
- Fixed popular NPC Housing exploit (the NPC "infinite house").
- Fixed Ranger Lifesteal bug.
- Fixed Paint Sprayer spraying over blocks in several occasions that it should not (e.g. grass that gets turned into dirt as a result of placing an object).
- Fixed being on the edge of the underground not counting when spawning dungeon / Underground Desert monsters.
- Fixed teleporting directly on top of a pressure plate not triggering it properly since.
- Fixed Town NPC melee weapons drawing brightly while in darkness.
- Fixed Crimson Heart failing to stand to roll roll around on platforms.
- Fixed tile entities not properly clearing on world clear procedure.
- Fixed Crystal Storm not bouncing its shots.
- Fixed chests without custom names not showing mouse over icons.
- Fixed Wooden Boomerang being unusable when near slopes.
- Fixed Wall of Flesh going above hell and dragging everyone with it.
- Fixed Martian Saucer having invisible / unhittable body parts in multiplayer.
- Fixed Martian Probe not causing Martian Invasions when it should.
- Harpies and Antlion Swarmers can no longer swim.
- Fixed dressers blowing up from explosive projectiles.
- Fixed Gi and Kimono leg sprites being genderswapped.
- Fixed ancient light and fishron bubbles not appearing in expert mode.
- Fixed Werewolf sounds being bugged if used for vanity.
- Fixed Tax Collector not using some of his special chat dialog.
- Fixed infinite flight time exploit.
- Fixed Martian Saucers missing their home planet during the invasion and leaving.
- Fixed trapdoors de-syncing when operated via wires.
- Fixed L shaped housing exploit.
- Fixed minecarts hitting invincible enemies.
- Fixed multiple bugs regarding auto-pause and inventory management.
- Demon Altars should no longer create 'unbreakable' pots.
- Fixed rare "character not respawning" under certain circumstances.
- Fixed background drawing through completely unlit walls in hell.
- Fixed solar pickaxe using a bad glowmask.
- Fixed wall of flesh not spawning in singleplayer under certain circumstance.
- Fixed snow not falling naturally after a player jumps in most cases.
- Fixed paintball gun and confetti grenades being unable to crit.
- Fixed Titanium Armor & Black Belt dodges not working against Moon Lord.
- Fixed animated tilesets touching half-bricks stop animating.
- Fixed yet another duplication exploit.
- Fixed altered worlds getting stuck in spirit release phase under a rare circumstance.
- Fixed Chlorophyte protection in the jungle not being as effective as it should be.
- Fixed right clicking equipment at inventory not granting achievements for equipping it.
- Fixed paladin's shield ally protection benefits not functioning properly.
- Fixed minor capitalization issue in the guide's help text.
- Fixed star in a bottle buff not working.
- Fixed Brain of Cthulhu & Eater of Worlds now properly leave upon killing all nearby players / if the player leaves the biome.
- Fixed issue where the nurse would not heal all debuffs under rare circumstances.
- Fixed double damage popups from other players inflicting harm to themselves via explosives.
- Fixed 'full-screen map' button opening a black screen if map is disabled in general.
- Fixed players being unable to get on a mount if they're too close to workbenches.
- Fixed issues with actuating gemspark blocks.
- Fixed Mudstone Brick having a bad name (Mudstone Block).
- Fixed Tiles under Lihzahrd altars can no longer be actuated until the golem is defeated.
- Fixed temporary holes in the darkness when removing light sources.
- Fixed items that cost less than 5 copper always sell for 1 copper , even when sold in Stacks (Empty Bullet).