|“Dungeon Defenders II Crossover Update”|
|Release date||November 15th 2016|
|← Previous||Current||Next →|
- Invasion event featuring enemies, weapons, and gameplay mechanics inspired by Etheria: the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe.
- This event will play like no other in Terraria - featuring a brand new mechanic where you protect an artifact from invading enemies with the help of a unique defensive structure system.
- This multi-tiered event allows players at multiple points in the game to experience scaling difficulty, with corresponding loot.
- Enjoy rewards in the form of armor, weapons, pets and more, all straight from the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe!
- The Tavernkeep, a new NPC from the Dungeon Defenders universe, has arrived. He will be offering a variety of Etherian loot and gear in exchange for an exclusive currency earned by playing the new invasion!
Other new features[edit | edit source]
- Completely redesigned liquid visuals. Enjoy the ripples and waves, as the player, enemies, and projectiles now have a visible impact when they enter and move through water.
- The Blizzard weather event now has a new, unique ambient sound when active.
- Toggles for recently-added visual and water effects that will allow players to balance beautiful visuals and performance to fit their preferences.
- A new ability for Summoner players to direct their minions to attack a specific target.
- An experimental new world seed feature (this will be inactive by default, see below in the Changes section for more details).
New items[edit | edit source]
- 4 new sentry summons, each of which has three tiers of potency.
- 10 new weapons.
- 8 new armor sets.
- 5 new accessories.
- 2 new pets.
- 1 new light pet.
- 3 new boss masks and trophies.
- 2 new decorate furniture items.
- 1 brand new “Personal Safe” style furniture item, in the style of the Piggy Bank and Safe.
- A brand new currency which can be spent with the Tavernkeep for much of the above.
Item list[edit | edit source]
Sets[edit | edit source]
- Apprentice armor
- Apprentice's Scarf
- Dark Artist armor
- Huntress armor
- Huntress's Buckler
- Monk armor
- Monk's Belt
- Red Riding armor
- Shinobi Infiltrator armor
- Squire armor
- Squire's Shield
- Valhalla Knight armor
Pets[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Aerial Bane
- Ale Tosser
- Betsy's Wrath
- Ghastly Glaive
- Flying Dragon
- Phantom Phoenix
- Brand of the Inferno
- Sky Dragon's Fury
- Sleepy Octopod
- Tome of Infinite Wisdom
Sentry summon weapons[edit | edit source]
- Ballista Rod
- Ballista Cane
- Ballista Staff
- Explosive Trap Rod
- Explosive Trap Cane
- Explosive Trap Staff
- Flameburst Rod
- Flameburst Cane
- Flameburst Staff
- Lightning Aura Rod
- Lightning Aura Cane
- Lightning Aura Staff
Other[edit | edit source]
- War Table
- War Table Banner
- Eternia Crystal Stand
- Eternia Crystal
- Defender's Forge
- Defender Medal
- Betsy's Wings
- Etherian Mana
- Music Box (Old One's Army)
New enemies[edit | edit source]
- 10 new enemies, many of which can become visibly (and mechanically) more powerful as gameplay progresses
- 2 new invasion style mini-bosses.
- 1 new boss.
List[edit | edit source]
- Etherian Lightning Bug
- Etherian Javelin Thrower
- Etherian Wyvern
- Wither Beast
- Kobold Glider
- Old One's Skeleton
- Etherian Goblin
- Etherian Goblin Bomber
- Dark Mage
Other[edit | edit source]
- 1 new music track based on the Dungeon Defenders 2 OST, complete with a matching Music Box.
- Over 200 new sound effects inspired and adapted from Dungeon Defenders 2.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The way Sentry Summons function has been changed somewhat.
- Outside of the DD2 Invasion event, you now have a limit of one sentry summon at a time
- Some of the 1.3.4 content can increase this limit
- Unlike before, when the sentry limit is above 1, you can summon multiple versions of the same sentry. For instance, with a sentry limit of 3, you could summon 3 Frost Hydras at the same time.
- Summoners can now direct their minions to attack a specific target of their choosing. To do this, the summoner must Right Click over an enemy while holding a minion summoning staff. Minions with line of sight on that enemy will target it immediately. However, if the minions do not have line of sight, they will continue to attack targets at random.
- We’ve added an experimental new seed feature to World generation. All worlds generated in 1.3.4 and beyond will have a seed attached to them. You will also be able to set the seed for a world on world generation. PLEASE NOTE that this feature is not active by default. To activate it, please follow these steps:
- Find Terraria’s config.json file. On Windows, this should be found in Documents>My Games>Terraria.
- Open the config file with a basic text editing program, such as Notepad.
- The 12th line (13th if using Notepad++) in the config file is labeled "UseExperimentalFeatures" and will be set to "false”".
- Simply change this to “true” and save the config.json file. The next time you launch Terraria, the option to view and set world seeds will appear.
- Please be aware that this is NOT a retroactive feature, and cannot display the seeds for worlds created before 1.3.4, as the data is simply not stored there. Additionally, you must run launch Terraria in 1.3.4 before the option will appear in the config file.
- It no longer rains in the space biome.
- Pumpkins can be broken with weapons instead of pickaxes.
- Red blood particles drastically reduced.
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fix for AMD Graphics Card related issue involving Living Flame Dye.
- Fixed edges of screen getting inverted colors during a blizzard.
References[edit | edit source]