|Type||Mechanism – Furniture|
|Dimensions||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
- Internal Tile ID: 144
A Timer is a triggering mechanism that continually activates other mechanisms at regular intervals. They are toggled on and off by right-clicking.
To function, a timer must be placed on the ground or a platform. One cannot be placed on a wall.
Timers can also be activated and deactivated using other mechanism activation items. For example, a Switch on the same path of Wires will toggle a Timer on and off. Multiple Timers on the same circuit will also repeatedly toggle each other on and off.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a timer A activates another timer B with the same duration, B will trigger before A (thereby deactivating A before it can trigger again).
- Exiting a world and re-entering it resets all Timers to their inactive state.
- The Crab Engine and Bird Engine methods can be used to produce a similar effect at faster intervals.
- The Timer must be placed above another block. It also does not block any creatures from passing through it, so do not use it as part of your wall holding in 1-block-tall creatures such as slimes.
- On the Mobile version and , Timers are bought from the versionMechanic instead of being crafted, due to the fact that watches are unobtainable in these versions.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- Unknown Version: Due to removal of watches, no longer craftable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.