|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Buy / Sell||10 / 2|
|Internal Item ID: 27|
|Internal Tile ID: 20|
Acorns are a type of Seed used to plant Trees. Acorns can be planted on regular green grass, Hallow grass, Corrupted grass, Crimson grass, Jungle grass, Sand or Snow, where they will create saplings that will grow into Trees, under the right conditions. Acorns are randomly dropped when cutting down trees, and can also be purchased from the Dryad for 10 . Jungle Trees do not normally drop Acorns, however if a branch is hanging over a regular Grass tile, the branch can very rarely drop an Acorn.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Planting an acorn will grow the matching tree for whatever Biome it is in.
- When planted in the desert, acorns grow Palm Trees, not Cactus.
- You will not receive your acorn back when you plant an acorn and then destroy it.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Palm Trees, Corrupt and Crimson Trees now drop Acorns.
- 1.2.4: Now able to grow on Sand.
- 1.2.3: Now able to grow on Jungle, Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow grasses.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.