|Type||Mechanism • Crafting material|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Enables solid blocks to be toggled on and off|
- Internal Item ID: 849
The Actuator is a mechanism item purchased from the Mechanic for 10 each. It has to be connected with Wire to function. When activated, the tile it sits on toggles between active and inactive state, effectively allowing any block to be toggled like Active Stone Blocks. Like wire, Actuators are normally invisible and only become visible when a mechanism item is selected.
The following items interact with Actuators:
- They can be removed with the Wire Cutter or The Grand Design .
- The Presserator automatically places Actuators on objects when placing them. It requires a sufficient supply of Actuators in the player's inventory in order to function.
- The Actuation Rod can toggle any Actuator within a limited range without requiring wire.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In addition to most blocks and traps, Actuators can also activate on teleporters and platforms.
- Most furniture on top of a block/platform with an actuator will be freed when the actuator activates.
- Actuators won't activate if they are directly beneath a tree, Demon Altar, Crimson Altar, or any chest (regardless of whether it contains items or not).
- Any plants growing on a block which is put into its inactive state by an actuator will be destroyed as if a tool was swung at it. This can be used to harvest mushroom farms. Herbs, however, will remain on the inactive block.
- Liquids can pass through blocks which an actuator has made inactive, but falling blocks like sand, silt and slush will still be supported.
- Inactive Ebonstone, Crimstone, and Pearlstone Blocks will still count towards the formation of their respective biomes.
- Naturally occurring Lihzahrd Bricks cannot be actuated until Plantera has been defeated.
- NPCs can spawn on top of actuated blocks and thus fall through them.
- In the Console version, the locked Jungle Temple door is able to be actuated.
- A Portal Gun can place portals on blocks that have Actuators on them. This works if the block is activated and deactivated after placing the portal.
- Actuators have no effect on bubbles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Actuators in place of doors creates entrances that can completely block off the enemies from a Blood Moon or other events.
- Because they work on traps, it is possible to load up several traps in a row, and none of their attacks will be blocked by traps ahead.
- Actuators can be used to pass through Hellstone in the Underworld without generating lava, and can similarly be used to pass through hive blocks without generating honey or spawning bees. The Actuation Rod may be used to quickly activate placed Actuators.
- If you stand inside an inactive block and it becomes active, you will be able to move inside the 6 blocks you are in but will be stopped by other blocks. This may be used for protection.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Multicolor Wrench is not capable of removing Actuators, even though it is crafted using the Wire Cutter, which does remove Actuators.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Actuators no longer work on unlocked or made by and/or placed down by man doors.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: You can no longer use actuators to deactivate temple blocks before killing Plantera.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.