We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 366|
|Internal Tile ID: 111|
Adamantite Ore is one of the two top-tier Ores that can spawn from every third destroyed Altar in Hardmode (the other possible Ore being Titanium). In worlds where it spawns, it is the rarest and most valuable of the three Altar-spawned Ores.
A Mythril/Orichalcum Drill, Mythril/Orichalcum Pickaxe, or better is required in order to mine Adamantite. On the Mobile version, a Palladium Drill will also be able to mine it. An Adamantite Forge, crafted from 30 Adamantite Ore and one Hellforge, is required in order to craft Adamantite Bars.
Crafting all Adamantite items requires 144 Adamantite Bars, plus thirty raw Ore for an Adamantite Forge, for a total of 750 Adamantite Ore.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
- On a small map Adamantite starts spawning around a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles), 100 feet (50 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a medium map Adamantite starts spawning around a depth of 2,130 feet (1,065 tiles), 170 feet (85 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a large map Adamantite starts spawning around a depth of 2,930 feet (1,465 tiles), 420 feet (210 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you are having trouble finding Adamantite, look on the ceiling of the Underworld. If you have smashed many Altars, Adamantite will be a common sight. Looking near large pools of Lava can help, as Lava produces enough light to see many Adamantite deposits.
- Adamantite Ore veins can be exceptionally difficult to spot in Crimson biomes, unless the Crimson is removed or upon closer examination.
- In the Console version and Mobile version, Ocram will drop some Adamantite ore. Note that Adamantite bars are required to craft his summon item.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Adamantite gets its name from "adamant" which has historically been used to describe exceptionally hard materials such as diamond. Adamant and variations have been used to describe materials with incredible durability in fantasy and mythology, including "adamantine" in Greek mythology and "adamantium" in Marvel Comics.
- Adamantite is one of three fictional ores added to the world from smashing altars in hardmode, alongside Mythril and Orichalcum. The other hardmode altar ores are all real metals on earth.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 22.214.171.124: Placed Adamantite sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Adamantite |
|Ore • Bar • Beam • Beam Wall • Forge Pickaxe • Drill • Waraxe • Chainsaw • Sword • Repeater • Glaive • Armor Tizona • Vulcan Repeater • Tonbogiri • Suspicious Looking Skull|